Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2016, 10:38 PM   #1

Exterior wall repair help

Well I had the damage in another post, but Progressive is saying it is not covered.

So I need advice on exterior wall repair. I have not found much on the Internet about this other than www.delamrepair.com But it covers partial delamination and not filon and plywood replacement. My thought is the adhesives should be the same.

Just a matter of how far back to go. I know total Filon replacement would be impossible. But where to seam it. I'm thinking at the door. Good coverage by the gutter and awning.

I'll attach some pictures of the damage. I love my XLR 27HFS. I'm finding some manufacturer issues that definitely helped lead to this issue. Worst part is I discovered my leak just out of warranty. I sealed it but apparently the damage was already done/begun. Should I even try to talk to Forest River about it?
lytlej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 10:47 PM   #2

Name:   ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1470109306.443958.jpg
Views: 731
Size:  94.7 KB

Name:   ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1470109661.807168.jpg
Views: 752
Size:  92.0 KB
The front fiberglass had a sealed edge but the sides didn't have a sealed edge and little to no caulking. So moisture wicked right in along the whole edge

This gap is lined up with a screw hole in the gutter, where I found my leak. The 1/8 plywood wouldn't even hold the screw anymore. The last 2 screws were apparently being held in place by silicone.
Attached Images

Old 08-01-2016, 11:02 PM   #3

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1470110443.317655.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	103.4 KB
ID:	116047
front edging only foam tape and a little caulking in corner that was only stuck in just a very few places. The wide caulking on outside is from my reseal last year. The foam tape was only on forward edge. .
Old 08-02-2016, 12:31 AM   #4

Oh my,,,, that is ugly. Best of luck finding a good repair shop.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
exterior, repair