Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-19-2021, 08:22 PM   #1

Fading coach

I have a 2017 coachman pursuit. The color of the coach is all washed out. I wondered if others had the same issue and what they did to revitalize their unit. I tried a good wax, but it didn’t change the look at all.

Help!
Bleriger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 08:29 AM   #2

The sun is hard on all rigs and like people they tend to age with time. I don't know if there is a method to restore the new look. I have heard of folks using a very light compound and buffing out the oxidation and then waxing. If you find a method or products that works let the forum know.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 03:10 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleriger View Post
I have a 2017 coachman pursuit. The color of the coach is all washed out. I wondered if others had the same issue and what they did to revitalize their unit. I tried a good wax, but it didn’t change the look at all.

Help!

I have lost a little luster myself, it’s just one color, Tan . The other two are fine they are black and white. I know mine is not oxy. I keep it well waxed with high quality wax . Full body paint and clear coat. It’s the paint itself is what the body shop says. I can notice it but I doubt others can. He said the only thing would be repaint but no way I’m doing that.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 05:39 PM   #4

You didn't mention your finish. If it's gel coat, buffing with any type of compound is not recommended. I've had some good results with Blackfire One Step on light oxidation but it may be better to check with a pro detailer.
Brewhedd is offline   Reply With Quote