Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2016, 01:04 PM   #1

Fantastic or Maxxair fan vents?

Am looking to add two more fan vents to our Wildcat Mxx 262RGX this year. I was looking at Fantastic but have seen and read a lot of good things abut the Maxxair vents, especially the deluxe units. Can anyone tell me their experience and pros / cons with the vent fans?

Thanks,
High Desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 01:21 PM   #2

Went with this one because one of us is a touch to short to reach the buttons on the fan.

Very happy with the way it works, moves air in or out and can be used as a ceiling fan with the cover closed.
Old 07-31-2016, 03:47 PM   #3

We have two Maxxair Delux with remotes. One front living room area and one back bedroom area. Top quality units, no problems in two years we've had them. Put one on air in and one on air out and you can set up quite a little draft. Also because of design, no vent covers needed.
If you are looking to buy, check out Amazon. Got ours there, over a hundred bucks cheaper than CW "sale" price. In white I think their around $240 ish or so.
Grumpy

2012 Forrest River Lexington 283ts
Toad, 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 10:19 AM   #4

Both are excellent products. IMHO you cannot go wrong either way. I had a Fantastic Fan on a my previous TT and it worked very well. The only issue I had I was not sure if it was a part failure or my own doing. In any case the lock down mechanism broke and I called Fantastic Fan, told them what happened and was not sure if it was my fault or not. There response was we will send you a new one. When I asked the cost, they said no charge. Within a week I received not only the replacement part, but a second as a spare. Very pleased with their customer service.
On my current TT, I installed a Maxxair vent cover over the bathroom fan and a Maxxair fan over the bed. Both units have performed well in the two years they have been in place.
Hermes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 12:20 PM   #5

Fantastic all the way. They stand behind them for life. I have received a replacement shroud for one and a new upgraded motor for another.
Center Point suspension
2018 Ram Laramie 3500 6'4" box 2WD
Demco AutoSlide 18k
Telstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 02:39 PM   #6
Grumpy Old Curmudgeon

I installed a Fan-Tastic 807350 Vent with Digital Wireless Remote a few months ago. I have been both the DW and I have been very haappy with it. I am considering getting another and installing over the kitchen and the exhaust hood is so noisy and doesn't move much air. I keep looking for a decent over the stove exhaust hood but they just don't seem to make one. I notice on the new trailers they are installing the Fantastic or Maxxair units in the kitchen areas.
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited EcoDiesel
Marauderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 03:29 PM   #7

I have a Fantastic fan the plastic frame mount supporting the motor broke, they had never seen that happen. It was out of warranty but they sent me an entire fan minus the outside vent. No charge! Great customer support!
edcronin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 03:31 PM   #8

I replaced all three of my fans this year. I put a Fantastic 7350 in the toilet and 2 maxxair in the livng room and bath. No real reason to be different, just couldn't decide so I split the difference

Both are good units. I prefer the remote on the Maxxair, which gives you a wider range of control on both fan speed and auto temperature selection . The maxxair is also a slight bit quieter. Both brands worked perfectly on a 3 month trip this summer.

I think it is easier to remove the screen for cleaning on the fantastic, but haven't done it so I'm not sure. All things considered, I would choose the Maxxair, since it is a bit quieter and seems to move a bit more air.

2005 Coachmen Sportscoach Encore 380DS
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
CharlieS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 09:23 PM   #9
Jack of All Trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauderer View Post
I keep looking for a decent over the stove exhaust hood but they just don't seem to make one.
If your looking for a great range hood, look at the SAM-1 range hood upgrade kit. We bought one a few years ago for our previous TT at the Forest River Rally and installed it during the rally in about an hour with the few tools I carried with me.

It is extremely quiet (compared to any other range hood fan I'd seen) and moved an incredible amount of air. And the LED light was very nice also.

Fabulous Operating Products | Home

Rick
ScanGauge, TST 507 TPMS
RJHuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 05:50 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHuser View Post
If your looking for a great range hood, look at the SAM-1 range hood upgrade kit. We bought one a few years ago for our previous TT at the Forest River Rally and installed it during the rally in about an hour with the few tools I carried with me.

It is extremely quiet (compared to any other range hood fan I'd seen) and moved an incredible amount of air. And the LED light was very nice also.

Fabulous Operating Products | Home

Rick
Rick, where do the multi-speed and multi-level light switches go on the SAM-1 upgrade? None of the photos I've found (anywhere) show the switches...

Thanks!
david_reaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 09:32 AM   #11
Jack of All Trades

The existing fan and light switches on the vent hood are used to turn on/off the fan and light.

The fan speed and light level is controlled by switches on the Sam-1 unit (See photo above).

http://www.rvvent.com/images/sam1details.jpg

Rick
RJHuser is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fan, vent