Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-10-2022, 09:59 PM   #1

Front panel delamination

Have a 2015 Coachman Apex QBS22 TT and front panel has delamination and ripples down one side, think i cured the water ingress via the top marker light, took it a TT or caravan repairer here in NZ and they said leave it as its very hard to repair, looking at it and thinking remove the top and side moldings and all the sealant it should peel forward, am i wrong?, i am sure its still damp behind the front panel and needs drying out and re-gluing, your thoughts chaps
Old 06-20-2022, 01:34 PM   #2

Dehumidifiers are a must, I live in Houston

I have 2 of these dehumidifiers, and live in Houston, and originally this was to dry out the house after Hurricanes and it works awesome but it also works good for drying out RV's. We did after a good window leak. Put this unit inside the RV and close everything up, and it will suck out all the moisture and I have dried walls from floods in a single day, bone dry by facing the blower at the wall.

Frigidaire Dehumidifier:

https://www.amazon.com/Frigidaire-Hi...5749751&sr=8-5

Delamination can be a big job depending on how bad it is. I sure don't recommend spending allot on any trailer with delamination problems as it ruins the resale value unless you have replaced an entire wall professionally and no one can tell. There are tons of videos on Youtube depending on what it is and how bad. Some people even cut plywood and bolt it through the wall, front and rear to "sandwich" the old wall in between, which makes a pretty permanent repair, but its not the best cosmetically, but you must dry out the inside of the wall regardless and stop all the water leaking first.
stephensatt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
delamination, panel