Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-11-2015, 05:41 PM   #1

hard water spotting....

anyone having hard water spotting problems...I have a 373ds full body paint gelcoat...black and gold in color...after washing and drying it I still have a lot of spotting on the finish....need help to keep it looking good thanks
pennstaterv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 06:03 PM   #2

I had something similar on a car, tried everything to try to remove it. Took it to a paint shop and the spots were acid rain. Needed to have the vehicle repainted. I hope you don't have acid rain, mine was garage kept and always kept clean with wax, but no wax or cleaner would touch it. It would always appear to have water spots that were only visible under lights. The gel coat may react different. You might want to get a detailer to take a look at it. If it is acid rain it just won't come off. Good luck
Charles Firth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 07:06 PM   #3

I would try washing it with Dawn dish soap/water mixture to remove all wax and contaminates. Rinse. Next purchase a clay bar from your local autoparts store. Maguire's has a good kit for cars that will work on campers as well. It worked great on my dad's Rv. Follow the directions on the package. It did a great job of removing all the hard water marks and other contaminates. Follow it up with a good quality wax. I use Zaino Brothers on my pop up, my dad's RV and all our vehicles. If you need any other information PM me.
lickitisplit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 09:29 AM   #4

Vinegar will fix it. I had a waverunner that had spots, nothing would get them off. Finally sprayed it with vinegar, let it sit for a few minutes and then washed it.
iowasparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 09:47 AM   #5

Hard water spots are a common problem, I too have a black/brown/tan unit and am well aware of it. Washing in the sun makes the problem worse. The above solutions will work, or I also have just wiped down the unit dry after washing.

Swirling after waxing, another problem that deserves it's own thread.
KQ2N is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water