Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2018, 08:45 PM   #41
Ret E-9 Anchor-clanker

Soak and repeat with Dawn...
donanddona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 08:57 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudiDudi View Post
X2 on Rejex! I had to use the buffer and polishing compound to get the bugs off after the 900 mile drive home after initial purchase. Put Rejex on the leading edges and now just wipe bugs off with a damp rag at the end of the day. I didn't know Ace had it but it's also available on Amazon.

X3 on Rejex.
I put it on my front cap and just returned from a 3000 mile trip.
Bugs just fell off when I put the brush on them. I am quite impressed.
whitewinghunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 06:19 PM   #43

Simple Green. Works like a charm. If it’s realky bad, use toothpaste. Powerful non-abrasive cleaner you already know to be safe. I even use it on furniture.
mmmartin33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 06:27 PM   #44

Try "happy bug"
jrowe0521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 06:53 PM   #45

Yep Turtle Wax Bug & Tar Remover.
It removed burned on black she heel from my motorcycle pipes. Wife wasn't happy about her shoe heel, but I was happy my pipes were clean!

2019 Ford SD F-350 SRW Lariat
Tow & Gooseneck Prep
FX4 Off Road (4X4)
rlh1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 07:06 PM   #46
AlmostretiredTom

Very surprised that I have read 5 pages of forums on this subject, and while I've learned a few new things, I never once heard anyone mention a product called "Bug-Off". It is a product by B.E.S.T and is found in most RV stores. I have been using this for over 10 years and it basically disintegrates the bugs. The key is not to let them dry too long as the sun can bake them on. Every time I return home from a trip, it is the first thing I do is get on a ladder and start cleaning them off. This product makes it so simple... Great for the tow vehicle as well.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bug Off.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	177262  
tomaziegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 07:34 PM   #47

Send a message via Skype™ to John Boates
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailski View Post
I have a 2017 Forester motor home with full body paint. This year we took 2 trips and put on about 4,000 miles without cleaning the bugs off the front of the camper. Now I'm not successful getting them completely removed.
First I used a power washer at a car wash.
Then I tried with the car wash cleaner i had at home and a long handle brush with lots of scrubbing.
Finally I used Aero Wash & Wax.
Every time I make some headway but can never completely get rid of the little buggers. Please let me know how you solve this other than cleaning them off within 24 hours.
Thanks
Warm water and a micro cloth, use the rough side, works great.
John Boates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 07:54 PM   #48

Bug removal

I use Pledge furniture polish ( or any you can buy at the Dollar Store). Spray it on and they come off. It also helps protect the surface when bugs get splattered next time. i saw this on a forum several years ago.
pjoz98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 08:12 PM   #49

Quote:
I have a 2017 Forester motor home with full body paint. This year we took 2 trips and put on about 4,000 miles without cleaning the bugs off the front of the camper. Now I'm not successful getting them completely removed.
Then I tried with the car wash cleaner i had at home and a long handle brush with lots of scrubbing.
Every time I make some headway but can never completely get rid of the little buggers. Please let me know how you solve this other than cleaning them off within 24 hours.
Thanks

I had to use a buffer and polishing compound to get them off of mine after driving 900 miles home after initial purchase.

I use Rejex and they just wipe off with a damp rag. But wipe them off every couple days on the leading edges if not spending 5-10 minutes every evening of travel.

Mike and JoAnne
Montana Summer / Arizona Winter
2016 Prism 24G /2002 HitchHiker 38LKTG
ACME EZTowing a 2015 Chevy Sonic RS Hatchback
AudiDudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 09:21 PM   #50

I use a standard pesticide sprayer with this mixture. Hose everything down first. Spray on the mixture. Let it stand for 5 minutes.

Awesome 1/2 bottle
Degreaser 1 cup
Water. 2 gallons

This is the mixture a lot of car washes use.
Backfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 09:22 PM   #51

Clay bar

Use a clay bar, with some clay bar lube, or just use soapy water. It's the magic secret that pro detailers have been using for years.
rvwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 12:50 AM   #52

Cleaning Bugs off the RV

I have my wife save all the dryer sheets we use. Then I use the Black Streak and Bug remover with the dryer sheets and it works like a dream. Wish I had found this tactic 70 years ago but seeing how I'm 61 they weren't around. I will just enjoy it now. I hate bugs on my 5th wheel but if close to the river I know what fly to use.
jonesjr78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 01:35 AM   #53

“Bugs n all”

Got this stuff on Amazon. It works well.
Dconant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 02:13 AM   #54
Just a member

WD-40

kandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 05:34 AM   #55

Quote:
Thanks
I have a 2015 Forestor with full paint also. I found that tghe bugs came off the paint just fine with the Turtle bug and tar remover, but had etched the areas covered with "protective" film. Poor quality material, and a sad lesson. I have 3m brand film on the front of both of our cars, and this has never been an issue. Why would FR use such an inferior product?
mljmam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 05:46 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post
.....and your rig smells springtime fresh
And no more wrinkles either
Having lots of Fun traveling with my wife
old40ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 08:03 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMtnMarty View Post
Go to a motorcycle shop and buy a spray bottle of S100. This is a surfactant cleaner which can be sprayed on painted and metal surfaces safely.....and dirt grime, bugs etc., come off a bike with just a spray from the hose....with no water spots left behind. I spray S100 on the fibreglass cap of my 5th wheel....some onto a bug scrubby sponge.....and sometimes on an RV brush with extender handle. Depending on how long the bugs have been baked on there determines how much elbow grease may be needed. I use S100 on the front grill of my tow vehicle too. Makes the chrome just sparkle. The downside is the stuff and aint cheap. However, I found you can cut it with water by as much as 50% without significantly diminishing it's effectiveness.
Maybe you meant SD100 ???
It also removes wax !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 10:03 AM   #58

Quote:
Thanks
I had a huge problem with pine tar droppings after staying under pine trees for the summer. Nothing seemed to work. I found this on a BMW car club link and works for just about everything. I take 6 of this oval eye makeup removers our wives use and saturate it with rubbing alcohol. I saturate one and apply to stain or other crud, do the next one, next one, etc. by the time I get the last one on, the first one is ready to clean. I also will lightly use Mr. Clean eraser sponge at times. My gel coat and decals look great after I'm done. You do have to wax when done!!! Just like with everything, don't be too aggressive with the scrubbing. Good luck...
Philandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 10:12 AM   #59

My vote is clay bar and some soapy water to lube, it will never cause damage and is what the pro's use. I did the entire rig over the winter and then applied nu finish. Now most of the bugs can be washed off easily.
retireearly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 04:43 PM   #60

Bug Removal

I have been using the Love Bug Eraser on my fifth wheel and vehicles for years to remove bugs. Use with car wash soap and water. It is safe on any surface. Go to The Love Bug Eraser - Best Way to Clean Love Bugs off Cars to order. The company is out of Florida and they use them on boats as well. Cuts down on all the elbow grease. Great product.
missliberty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bugs