Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-19-2015, 05:18 AM   #1

Hydraulic level won't retract

Our new 38CK is still on lot with dealer. We were showing our friends how the 6 point hydraulic leveling worked. It level fine then we went to put the legs back up and nothing. What do you do if your in a camp area and you can't retract your legs to leave?
alicemerrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 05:39 AM   #2

Bad situation to be in, but all is not lost.

Most hydraulic systems (maybe all of them?) have a bypass process to retrieve your levelers. On my "non- FR" Class C, I can go to the pump, disconnect the electrical connection and raise the leg by turning the specific valve.

Depending on which brand of leveler you have, it ought to be similar. If you know who makes it I'll check for instructions for you....
Old 02-19-2015, 05:40 AM   #3

Were you in manual mode attempting to retract specific legs? You do not want to retract ALL of the legs unless you are hooked up to your TV.

Since it is still on the dealer's lot, that is a question they should be able to help you with.

Good luck,
Don
dmdrj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 06:31 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicemerrill View Post
Our new 38CK is still on lot with dealer. We were showing our friends how the 6 point hydraulic leveling worked. It level fine then we went to put the legs back up and nothing. What do you do if your in a camp area and you can't retract your legs to leave?
What did the dealer say happen, and how did he fix the problem?

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 08:34 AM   #5

Thank you all for your in put. We did tell the dealer and it is their problem for now. So they will fix it. I will find out how but was just wondering if it could be fixed if I was by-my self. Good for others to find out before it happens to them. Again thank you for your input.
Old 02-19-2015, 08:49 AM   #6

Hi

We have a Wildcat Sterling with the Lippert level up. Once when it was cold the legs would not retract. I cycled the legs up and down a couple of times and it went up to the full retract position but the system does not seem to like extreme cold. I did notice that you are in Mass.

2004 Ford F550 6l Lariat SuperCrew, Fontaine Bed,
Link Systems Air Ride
2011 Sterling 32RL with Michelin XPS tires
extremebike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 09:10 AM   #7

Cool Nervous wife

Our 38CK is still in Florida. And we didn't have it in manual mode. But will let you know what the dealer has to say. I'm just a nervous wife that needs to know how these things work
Old 02-19-2015, 03:05 PM   #8

Level up System will not Retract

I have the LCI Level up system and I have experienced if you punch in wrong buttons it will not retract your Landing stabilizers. You have to go to Manual Mode to get the Landing stabilizers up. I hope this helps you.
popinfresh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 04:20 PM   #9

Thank you popingfresh2. We will try that but it won't be for awhile (-:
Old 02-19-2015, 06:11 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicemerrill View Post
There 50amp breakers that supply elect to the pump you take a screw and cross the 2 poles and see if the legs go up(this happened to me 6mos. after picking up the trl. shop forman said to cross the poles on the fuse then try raiseing legs he said there is 2 50a fuses and it turned out factory only put 1 in to run hyd. and it wore out) So I put 2 new ones and run a 6 guage wire between the terminals then to pump what a difference to go from half hour to pull in slides and lift legs to 5mins.
Dick,
dicky1243 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hydraulic