RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 10-24-2020, 04:19 PM   #1

Improved Vent Lids?

I went to replace a vent lid seal and the lid disintegrated when I touched it. This one was only 3 years old, and I have it covered all winter. I looked online and found that Camco now has a lid in all 3 hinge design versions that they claim is "UV stabilized" and "unbreakable". I have installed it and hope it is really improved. It is white, but not paper thin and translucent like the old ones, so it blocks out most light. Because of the old screwed-on metal raising arm, I was always able to change out the old ones from the top side. This one has a riveted metal arm and requires removing the inside trim ring, screen, and actuating mechanism to install my hinge type. It was about $23 on Amazon and my 2007 hinge design was described as follows:
Camco 40161/40168 White Unbreakable Polycarbonate Vent Lid - Ventline (pre 2008) & Elixir (since 1994). Hope this info helps others.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 05:58 PM   #2

Thanks for the info.
You might want to consider installing a vent lid cover similar to this. It protects the lid from the uv rays and allows you to keep the vent open even if it's raining.
https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Cleanin...ag=googhydr-20

Tags
vent