Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2015, 10:32 AM   #1

Leak from antenna handle

On my last trip we had quite a bit of rain. I noticed a leak from the handle of my antenna. I have researched this problem and spoken with my parts dealer about it, and he told me 90% of the time the boot that goes around the cable pops loose and you just have to pop it back in place. Yesterday my son went up on the roof - and we do not have a boot! Also, the antenna seems like it needs to be tightened down, but we can see no way to do that. Can anyone give me pointers on what to do? It is a 2012 Rockwood Mini Lite 1905.
roxie1824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 10:40 AM   #2
Ret E-9 Anchor-clanker

Dicor Lap Sealer

Robot Check
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dicor Lap sealer.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	12.0 KB
ID:	81827  
donanddona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 10:59 AM   #3
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
I think there's an 'o' ring that seal on the shaft...been awhile since i've looked...they come apart easy, handle first, then from outside.
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 11:08 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
I think there's an 'o' ring that seal on the shaft...been awhile since i've looked...they come apart easy, handle first, then from outside.
cpd1343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 04:08 PM   #5

THANKS cpd1343

EXCELLENT video link!

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 06:35 PM   #6

Location: Full timer,,,at Lake Georgetown in central Texas for the winter.
I had the same problem several years ago on a different RV and water got un under the roof membrane and cause a lot of wood rot to the point where the roof was soft all over that area. You better get it fixed before your roof gets into more jeopardy. It's coming in somewhere at the base up on the roof. How to fix it, I don't know,,,,but it's going to create some serious problems for the structure of your roof soon.
Check with an RV dealer service department.
Grampa Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 07:12 AM   #7

water dripping from antenna handle

We had same problem this winter we found that the rotating handle loosens up from its shaft we loosen the set screw in the handle and push it up .You might need needle nose pliers to hold shaft from pushing up
kendochenetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 08:05 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxie1824 View Post
On my last trip we had quite a bit of rain. I noticed a leak from the handle of my antenna. I have researched this problem and spoken with my parts dealer about it, and he told me 90% of the time the boot that goes around the cable pops loose and you just have to pop it back in place. Yesterday my son went up on the roof - and we do not have a boot! Also, the antenna seems like it needs to be tightened down, but we can see no way to do that. Can anyone give me pointers on what to do? It is a 2012 Rockwood Mini Lite 1905.
As been posted there is a Quad (yes 4 sided) O ring on the shaft that the crank attaches too. When it wears out you will get leaks like you mention. I just replaced the shaft this winter - looked on U Tube on how to replace the shaft & found it was very easy job. I am assuming you have the Wineguard antenna - the repair shaft Model RP 4000 cost me $13.06.

PM me & I can walk you thru the process after you watch the U-Tube video.

Number of nights camped in 2012 65
Number of nights camped in 2013 82
Number of nights camped in 2014 105!
Number of nights camped in 2015 81
Emptypockets is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
antenna, leak