Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2020, 04:43 PM   #1

Looking for some wisdom on coach marker lights.

Hi all,

Might not be quite the right sub-forum, but thought I'd at least start here.

Lost a marker light lens cover on the shakedown first trip with our new Surveyor 252RBLE.

Fortunately the marker lights seem to be standardized on the coach. Lens cover is labeled 'D-LITE' 'SAE-A-PC2-DOT-16' but my googling isn't turning anything up.

Anyone have any insight on how to track one of these down?

Not a huge deal but really don't want to chase this under warranty unless I absolutely have to. Besides, if these pop off as often as I've heard they do, I probably want to know where to source them on my own.
2023 nights camped - 28
2022 nights camped - 33
chewie37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 12:28 PM   #2

Since it's under warranty and brand new, I'd contact Forest River or your dealer and see if they know the source of the replacement lights. If it's something you can do yourself, sometimes they'll send you a replacement part or at least point you in the right direction.
Old 06-06-2020, 03:47 PM   #3

Ultimately wound up sorting this myself. As I mentioned, this one's in a bit of a gray area as far as warranty. At least in my head.

So, pinged my contact at the dealer, got an initial 'I'll hook you up' response and then no follow through. Not really surprising.

Did some Googling, came up with what I needed. The coach marker lights are a standard 4x2 LED setup. Dug up a kit that got me a 12 pack of full lights with 6 amber and 6 red lenses.

Sure, I just needed the lens but the price for the kit was reasonable. Figured having some spare parts can't hurt.
2023 nights camped - 28
2022 nights camped - 33
chewie37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 06:48 PM   #4

in the future many auto parts stores actually carry the marker lights on an online source such as etrailer.

Tags
light