Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2020, 01:32 AM   #1

MaxxAir vent operator mechanism breaking

The operator mechanism automatic lift that opens the roof vents keeps breaking. Have 2 vents, replaced 1 vent mechanism in bathroom beginning of the year and now the other one in kitchen. There are very cheap thin looking that opens and closes the vent. All you do is touch a button for it to work but for some reason they are breaking? and at $20 a pop plus getting on the roof/disassemble it and make sure the vent cover is put back correct is getting to be a real pain plus my older body is not to quick up there. Anybody else have this issue? I know when I press the off button for the fan the vent closes also but there is a separate button for that to close. Thanks
Racer310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 04:18 PM   #2

Hi, my operator mechanism just broke last week. Who is your Go To Vendor for the part? I'm having trouble matching up part numbers. My model # is 74951KS
CPHelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 12:43 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPHelp View Post
Hi, my operator mechanism just broke last week. Who is your Go To Vendor for the part? I'm having trouble matching up part numbers. My model # is 74951KS
Hi, I live in Panhandle Florida and so far Dixie RV in Defuniak Springs has been good to me. Parts person-female "Sam" (850) 820-3104 -service dept. will get you to her. Cost me 16.29 with tax either first responder or military discount or 16.99 plus 7% tax.

Hope this helps
Old 09-09-2020, 06:19 AM   #4

Contact MaxxAir directly. Replaced mine (out of warranty), along with extra parts for free.
Rusty
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 03:07 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcv800 View Post
Contact MaxxAir directly. Replaced mine (out of warranty), along with extra parts for free.
Rusty

I emailed twice but no response, maybe I am writing to wrong site. Do you have an email or possible correct site. Thanks
Old 09-24-2020, 06:43 AM   #6

Wife ordered. Thinks she got info off the web. If I find more, I'll get back. Try calling.
Rusty
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
maxxair, vent