Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-13-2020, 08:48 AM   #1
DJ1

Mini-Light roof weight capacity

I’m a new owner of a 2010 Rockwood Mini-Lite 1809s. I have already received great guidance from this site and I’m sure will be referring to it often in the future. The previous owner did not maintain the roof properly, as the sealant is beginning to crack, and unfortunately, there are small areas of delamination on the front bottom left, and on the back upper left. Questions
1. I am adding eternabond to seams and vents this weekend. I plan to do as much as possible from a ladder, but can the camper roof support my 200 pounds?
2. I really thought I did a good inspection but missed the delamination; it’s confined to about 2 square feet in both areas. There’s absolutely no signs of soft wood in the interior; floor or ceiling. When I tap on the exterior it seems solid, even under the delamination. How concerned should I be about this?

Thank you
DJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 09:02 AM   #2

We have had two Mini Lites (2015 2504S, and a 2018 2504S). I would go up on the roof of both of them for routine maintenance, things of that nature. I am about 210lbs, never had any issues. Never felt anything that made me feel I was too much for the roof. We did the Eternabond up there as well. No issue. Just be careful with shoes (I would wear my Crocs up there), or you can wear just socks. If you want to help spread out the load, you could kneel on a plywood board or something like that. But I think that is more than you need to do. Just take your shoes off and you'll be fine

Old 11-14-2020, 07:13 PM   #3
Newbie- 21 FBRS

260 on the roof

I have a 2019. I am on the roof every six months and weigh 260. No issues so far.

2019 Flagstaff Microlite 21 FBRS
TOW vehicle- 2020 Ram 1500 , 5.7 Hemi, 3.92 rear end, tow package with trailer blind spot.
Max Tow capacity-8379 with full payload
Max payload- 1721
Coevers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 08:21 PM   #4
Just as confused as you

Swimming or water shoes work well on the roof even while it's wet.
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, roo, roof, weight