Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-19-2022, 07:25 AM   #1

Need Air Vent Cover Replaced

Hi All!
I have a an EPro 14 foot (E14FK). My ceiling air vent has started disintegrating and I need to replace it. Are these a standard size? I will measure as well, but where do you suggest ordering from?
Thanks everyone...!
msveggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 08:41 AM   #2

If you're going to replace it yourself, it doesn't matter where you order from... dealer, amazon, manufacturer.
You need to find the maker and model if you need a direct replacement. It's probably stamped on the fan or if you have the original build sheet, it will be on that.
Old 09-19-2022, 08:54 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by msveggie View Post
Hi All!
I have a an EPro 14 foot (E14FK). My ceiling air vent has started disintegrating and I need to replace it. Are these a standard size? I will measure as well, but where do you suggest ordering from?
Thanks everyone...!
There are a few different brands but most are very common the poly carbonate ones are the best . most difference are the hinge but check make and yr . before ordering

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-40161-4.../dp/B0006JLU1I
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 10:04 AM   #4

I have checked my documentation and have no info on it. Nothing on the vent itself.
Old 09-19-2022, 11:04 AM   #5

You tube has a bunchof videos on purchasing and replacing vent covers. Looks like a pretty simple job. Good luck!

2019 Mini Lite 2109S
2021 GMC 1500 Sierra Elevation 3.0 Duramax Diesel
NevadaMiniLite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 11:14 AM   #6

There are several brands/types of the vent cover, all the same size, but with different hinge mechanismas.
To replace just the cover, take off just the cover and match the hinge type to ensure an easy replacement.
https://www.etrailer.com/question-165861.html
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 11:52 AM   #7

Unless the OP has a Fantastic Fan or something similar I believe most if not all of the vent covers will be the same size. As Wildcat mentioned it'll be just a matter of matching up the attachment, and even that isn't a rocket-size job.
Kia Sportage on MasterTow Dolly
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 12:08 PM   #8
Site Team

Moved thread from the General Community Discussion section to the Exterior Maintenance/Roofs/Vents sub-forum, in the Tech and Repair section since the OP's questions are specifically about roof vents.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Forest River Forums mobile app
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 12:33 PM   #9
D W

In my experiences I have found that there are the standard 14" x 14" covers that fit VENTLINE and ELIXIR vents, and then there are the 14" x 14" covers for JENSEN vents. The difference between the two are the hinges.
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
D W is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 02:15 PM   #10

Easy to do

Quote:
Originally Posted by msveggie View Post
Hi All!
Thanks everyone...!
These are easy to replace. A good thing because they only last around five years. The sun causes the plastic to weaken and crumble.

The job is pretty easy. You may need a #2 Robertson screwdriver (square tip) and/or a #2 Phillips screwdriver (crosspoint tip). From the inside, unscrew the knob, remove the screen, and unscrew (2 screws) the crank assembly. Slide the arm up the track until you can remove it.

Get a long-nose pliers and go onto the roof. You can now lift the vent cover. You will likely see that the hinge is two interlocking C-shaped pieces of metal. The only thing that keeps you from sliding the cover off is a small piece of the C-shaped metal on the cover is bent over so it won't slide over the stationary C-shaped metal. Bend that little tang with your long-nose pliers, and slide the cover off.

If you're really not sure which type you have, take it to a local RV supply and ask them to match it. If you look first, before disassembly you might able to match to an Amazon picture and buy the cover in advance.

Slide the new cover on, and bend the little tangs on both ends, so it doesn't slide off. Go back inside. Re-assemble the crank assembly. Don't forget that you have to insert the arm in the far end of the slide and slide it down before putting in the two screws. Then place the screen and attach the knob.
"Always bypass the water heater before opening the low-point drains."
Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 02:44 PM   #11

Add a cowling

And seriously consider adding a roof vent cowling while you’re up there. No more worries about rain when the vent is open, or if it cracks. Easy to install. So worthwhile!
Camco RV Roof Vent Cover | Allows... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000EDQQE2?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
DanBeauvais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 02:47 PM   #12

Quickest way, take the remains to any RV dealer. They are real easy to change out on the roof.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 05:59 AM   #13

Thanks everyone! Great information

Tags
cover, vent