Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2020, 12:16 AM   #1

New Floor

Redoing complete floor in 30' Flagstaff. Finish floor will be LVT. Question is how thick plywood should I use and not effect slide out operation? Thank you in advance.
James
jetsons3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 08:08 AM   #2

Do you mean Luxury Vinyl Planking or is LVT Luxury Vinyl Tile (may be a thing, I just have not seen it until now).

I had LVP installed, replacing all factory sheet flooring in my Sunseeker MH with 2 slides. Although the rear bedroom with 1 of those slide outs was carpeted and we left it that way.

In the combined living/dinette and kitchen slide out area my slide out floor is raised about 2 inches accommodating a dual rail slide out mechanism underneath. With this type of raised slideout floor it is easy to judge how much the floor height of the coach can be without being scraped by the slide out floor railing.

In my case, installing LVP was not an issue. My LVP is much smaller in height than the carpeting it replaced as well. Also, my coach had plywood subflooring, so no subflooring needed to be added.

My dealer removed the dinette and hired a flooring sub contractor to install the floor. Glad I hired pros. Installing the right product, the right way.

My two cents.

Chris
Mohawk Luxury Vinyl Plank Flooring
2013 AWD Acadia Denali, Blue Ox Equipped
ChrisParise is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor