Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-01-2020, 10:30 PM   #1

New FR Vibe with roof wrinkle

I just bought my Vibe TT. The snow finally melted and I got a good look at the roof. I discovered a wrinkle across the roof. Is this an issue?

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200201_173953.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	206.5 KB
ID:	222744
RetiredSoldier919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 09:22 AM   #2

a wrinkle in itself is not a real problem provided it does not continue to grow.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 09:29 AM   #3

My roof looks just like that at each roof seam. I was told by manufacturer through dealer that this is not a problem. I was skeptical, but after 2 seasons, there is no change, so I'm not too concerned about it anymore.

I try to take good care of the roof, keep the ripples clean and avoid stepping on them.

Here is the thread I started when I first saw the wrinkles in my roof - http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...of-155699.html

I'm NOT saying it is or is not a problem. Just sharing my experience.
Skip12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 10:55 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip12 View Post
My roof looks just like that at each roof seam. I was told by manufacturer through dealer that this is not a problem. I was skeptical, but after 2 seasons, there is no change, so I'm not too concerned about it anymore.

I try to take good care of the roof, keep the ripples clean and avoid stepping on them.

Here is the thread I started when I first saw the wrinkles in my roof - http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...of-155699.html

I'm NOT saying it is or is not a problem. Just sharing my experience.
So far I only have the one and it runs along a seem of the underlayment. I hope you guys are right and it's not an issue. There is a palm sized area at the opposite end in the pic(out of frame) that is loose from the underlayment. I have a repair pending for a damaged cabinet found during the walk through. I'll bring it up then and see what the service department says.
Old 02-02-2020, 02:23 PM   #5

There is huge vacuum on the trailer roof at highway speeds which can pull the roofing material from the sheathing. EPDM roofing material is bonded to the sheathing with contact cement. Wrinkles can appear when the material sticks before it's pulled taut--just like when taping a package for shipping. You can assume that both sides are bonded well and are secure.

Bubbles are another case. If the roofing has started to pull away, more could do so at highway speeds. Keep a close eye on it and if it grows, get it fixed.
"Always bypass the water heater before opening the low-point drains."
Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 05:40 PM   #6
New to FR. Old to TT

We have a 2019 CC 36ck2 and have wrinkles at most of the roof plywood seams, when checking on the roof I walk over the wrinkles, if the roof is really warm I will step on them and press them down. If the glue gets hot it will stick again. Not a permanent solution but helps from them growing.
Tall frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 06:18 PM   #7

I have a correction. Upon further review.... we have multiple flags on the roof. Every seem has the ripple, just not as bad as the one I posted. There are more loose areas where it looks like adhesion failed or was never made. I also discovered a pinhole.
I'm feeling less and less satisfied with my purchase.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200202_170228.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	341.5 KB
ID:	222774

Tags
roo, roof, vibe