Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-14-2017, 07:43 PM   #1

Paint and a decal question

Hi all - we just picked up out 2017 CL 210RBXL a couple weeks ago. We have spent the last couple weeks getting ready for our first trip and one of the things I was doing was cleaning up globs of sealant that were on numerous places of the exterior. One area near the rear view camera mount had some really stubborn "goo" and I used some GooBeGon to remove it. Unfortunately it actually ate through the paint in a few places - very small in size but you can see what I assume is the aluminum in those spots.

So, question #1 - anyone have a paint/color number for the white paint on our TT? Touch up method suggestions?

Second part of this thread has to do with the decals. I have noticed that there are a LOT of air bubbles in the decals at the bottom of the corrugations on the aluminum sides. I tried to chase some of the bubbles out the edge of the decals but usually it doesn't work.

So, question #2 - is it OK to prick the bubbles with a pin and then chase the air out? I know this works but I'm not sure if it will let air/contaminants to get in and eventually make it worse. Suggestions?
larry2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 06:35 PM   #2

Just thought I'd try one more time. I've found lots of threads about air bubbles on flat sided TT's and coaches but nobody mentions the corrugated aluminum side decals. Pushing the bubbles on these surfaces is much more difficult...
Only one shedding mutt now RIP Yoshi
larry2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 06:58 PM   #3

Not sure what to tell you except to keep the decal lubed with soapy water and use a plastic squeegee.
Bob
Tony & Catnis, campin' kitties
Bobaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 07:27 PM   #4

Don't know about the decal question. Have you contacted your division customer service people? With as good as Forest River is about customer support, they might send you a touch-up kit free. Worst case, they should be able to give you the formula for your paint. Post again if they don't get you what you need.
S.E. Mich. Flagstaff 26FKWS / 2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost SCrew Propride
SailorSam20500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 03:00 PM   #5
Site Team

pricking the bubbles is ok. It allows the air out and it'll seal well enough that nothing will get under it.