Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2020, 09:01 AM   #1

Paint Failing on 2017 Crusader Lite

Just recently found that the paint and clear coat are failing and peeling on the front of our 28RL 5th Wheel. Appears to be poor workmanship, starting at the seam of the roof line.
Pretty sure this would be considered out of warranty and I am in the process of finding a shop to repair the damage.
I have been fixing issues for the last three years, however this is the most serious of the issues we are facing.
Soundbar was never wired right. I ended up replacing with a good unit from Furrion. The paneling is letting loose in multiple places and I am try to fix it as I can.
To say the construction of a RV is piss poor is stating the obvious. Every time I do a repair I have to ask myself who would allow this work to be done like this? What company willing places their names on subpar manufacturing practices?
I really doubt I will ever buy a Forest River product again. But I can see now that this is the industry standard. So this has been a costly entry into RVing. The next purchase will be Seller Beware... I have learned from this experience.
DarrellK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crusader, lite