Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2015, 03:10 PM   #1

Pine trees versus the roof of my Roo

Dear All,
This is something that has been bothering me since we got our Rockwood Roo 3 years ago. We have to park the trailer under very tall pine trees - only place on our property where we can store it - and the roof gets covered in sap, needles, sticks, pine cones and other assorted rv-unfriendly nastiness. I clean most of this stuff once a year and keep the Roo covered all winter but I am wondering if anyone has any thoughts about some sort of breathable tarp I could easily throw put on the top of the trailer during the summer when its not in use. The Adco cover is great but not easy to take on and off. Also, related question, is it OK to walk on the roof of a Roo ? Cheers.
Vansleak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 03:21 PM   #2

If my lite would fit under one I would go this route.

I would bolt it down to some RR ties buried to ground level.
Old 05-31-2015, 04:16 PM   #3

I had a canopy tarp setup that I modified to park my 20' Shamrock 183 under most of the time. By modify, I mean I lengthened the legs using 10 foot long electrical tubing available at HD. The canopy measures 10' wide by 20' long and covers the roof from the elements. It is anchored by ratchet straps to the metal canopy frame held to the ground with pegs. I live south of Cincinnati and last winter was brutal, although the Shamrock and I spent much of the winter in FL. This is my second summer and one full winter with the same HD Harbor Freight 16X20 silver tarp. I will put on a new one before winter this year. Total cost of the canopy with modified legs was less than $300. Tarps cost about $35 on sale.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	camper canopy.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	142.9 KB
ID:	78630  

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roo, roof