Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-05-2019, 04:21 PM   #1

Pole Cleaning Brush Recommendations

I decided a pole mounted brush would help to facilitate washing my trailer. After a few search attempts, I am not finding much help from prior threads. I am seeing brushes from the $20 range up to $60.

Curious what others have found to be a good choice.
TST 507 TPMS
nutdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 04:55 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutdriver View Post
I decided a pole mounted brush would help to facilitate washing my trailer. After a few search attempts, I am not finding much help from prior threads. I am seeing brushes from the $20 range up to $60.

Curious what others have found to be a good choice.
Costco has one on sale right now, less than $20.
Old 04-05-2019, 04:59 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by upflying View Post
Costco has one on sale right now, less than $20.
I used one from Costco last season. Not sure if it is the same one you are talking about or not.....but, I did not like it. The brush head was very heavy and made it hard to use fully extended. It had a container that held soap and could hook up to a garden hose to soap and rinse the RV. The soap and the water connections both leaked. The brush head also was a little to stiff in my opinion.

Just my 2 cents
Gwiggels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 05:04 PM   #4

We bought an extendable handle (twist to loosen/tighten after extended) from West Marine

Lightweight aluminum handle and a pop on/off soft brush head - it reaches the high points of our 5er easily
heavynlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 05:04 PM   #5

Surprisingly enough, this cheap one has been most successful for meClick image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190405-170342_Amazon%20Shopping.jpeg
Views:	166
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	200899
Old 04-05-2019, 05:11 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwiggels View Post
I used one from Costco last season. Not sure if it is the same one you are talking about or not.....but, I did not like it. The brush head was very heavy and made it hard to use fully extended. It had a container that held soap and could hook up to a garden hose to soap and rinse the RV. The soap and the water connections both leaked. The brush head also was a little to stiff in my opinion.

Just my 2 cents
I was just at Costco and I think it's different than the one you used last season.
IMO, those pole brushes should not have a hose hooked up to them, you get more water on you than the coach. As you mentioned, once filled with water and with the hose connected, the pole brush gets heavy and leaky
Use the bucket-dip method, dip the unattached pole brush in a bucket with your favorite car wash liquid and water and wash the sides. Rinse with a hose afterwards.
Old 04-05-2019, 05:13 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by upflying View Post
I was just at Costco and I think it's different than the one you used last season.
IMO, those pole brushes should not have a hose hooked up to them, you get more water on you than the coach. As you mentioned, once filled with water and with the hose connected, the pole brush gets heavy and leaky
Use the bucket-dip method, dip the unattached pole brush in a bucket with your favorite car wash liquid and water and wash the sides. Rinse with a hose afterwards.
I couldn't agree more.
Old 04-05-2019, 06:57 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavynlori View Post
We bought an extendable handle (twist to loosen/tighten after extended) from West Marine

Lightweight aluminum handle and a pop on/off soft brush head - it reaches the high points of our 5er easily
I really appreciate the input and thoughts.

I was already feeling a bit hesitant to go with the poles that have the water flowing through the handle for many of the reasons given. My inclination is to keep it simple.

I did look at the AutoSpa but it is now only available from 3rd party sellers on Amazo* and the negative reviews were a bit concerning.

The idea expressed by heavynlori probably is what I am leaning toward. Extension pole and brush that I can dip into a wash bucket. I do wish I had a West Marine convenient to me but I would probably end up needing to pay for shipping which will push the cost up. I think I will start narrowing my search along this line.
TST 507 TPMS
Old 04-05-2019, 07:04 PM   #9
waybeck2018

I saw one in Harbor Freight two days ago. Heading back tomorrow with my discount coupon to get one. Less than $20.00 then use 20% off coupon.

Looking Forward to Completing This Map Soon !
waybeck2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 07:07 PM   #10

Go to any large truck stop, they will have the telescoping pole and brush, the most heavy duty ones around, will last forever!

2015 Silverado High Country.
jackhartjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 07:52 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybeck2018 View Post
I saw one in Harbor Freight two days ago. Heading back tomorrow with my discount coupon to get one. Less than $20.00 then use 20% off coupon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhartjr View Post
Go to any large truck stop, they will have the telescoping pole and brush, the most heavy duty ones around, will last forever!

Those are both good tips. I plan to do do some errands tomorrow and will be going past a truck stop and a Harbor Freight
TST 507 TPMS
Old 04-05-2019, 08:40 PM   #12

I really like the Aero Cosmetics mop. I like using the waterless cleaners (Aero or Meguiars). Has two pads mounted - onside for wet the other for dry/buff. I was able to buy the mop separately at last years Int. Rally in Goshen.
S.E. Mich. Flagstaff 26FKWS / 2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost SCrew Propride
SailorSam20500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 08:16 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorSam20500 View Post
I really like the Aero Cosmetics mop. I like using the waterless cleaners (Aero or Meguiars). Has two pads mounted - onside for wet the other for dry/buff. I was able to buy the mop separately at last years Int. Rally in Goshen.

That looks like an interesting system. I could not find the mop separately and the full system is $200 on amazon. The reviews are great. I will try to find some videos on youtube. Unless I can find a deal on just the mop this is over my current budget.
TST 507 TPMS
Old 04-06-2019, 08:46 AM   #14
Citrus County, Fl.

I use a lambs wool pad on a swivel pole. Much less chance of scratching than a brush or micro fiber. Car wash soap in a 5 gallon bucket with a grit catcher at the bottom then use a squeegee on a pole to dry the area after rinsing so there are no water spots. Works great, no ladder needed and really saves time during washing.

Everything came from Amazon except for the squeegee and pole which I purchased at Lowes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RV wash pad.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	200955   Click image for larger version

Name:	RV extension pole.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	200956  
Attached Images

99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 09:33 AM   #15

The pole that the Aero system uses is a SURELINE painting pole that can be extended and closed with just a push of the button. It is a heavy duty pole with a threaded end.

I have the entire kit which I purchased when it was on sale a couple of years ago. The kit consist of micro fiber towels and mops heads. The other parts are a soft pad that is used for rubbing off heavy dirt and road grim. There are two different size heads with different size mop heads. These are hook and loop pads that are fasten to the plastic heads.

You might be able to fabricate your own kit and just buy the waterless cleaner and wax from an online source.

Just a suggestion for you to consider.
Old 04-06-2019, 03:08 PM   #16
Retired Army MSG!

Brushes

Don't over think this too much. Walmart has one in their RV section. Don't remember price but it is Walmart. Also I bought one of the soft mop cleaners at Harbor freight. Just always make sure you rinse off the area you are going to wash to get rid of excess dust and dirt.

Then apply your soapy brush or mop. I recommend being patient and careful around your decals.

Happy camping season all. I have used mine once this year on what I called a workcation in Charleston, SC.
lazyjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 03:15 PM   #17

I did stop by my local truck stop but as luck would have it, they did not have any pole mounted washing systems. I ended up going to the Harbor Freight and took advantage of their unit on sale plus the 20% coupon which brought it down to $16.00. I am not usually a customer of Harbor Freight but I think the brush will meet my needs at least for awhile. The reviews on the Harbor Freight website are actually very good. The unit does have the capacity to flow water through the handle to the brush but I doubt that I will be using it that way. I will keep my eyes open for other units for the long term. Given the great reviews, I am curious about the waterless Aero system and plan to do some more investigation into that system.

I appreciate everyone's input.
TST 507 TPMS

Tags
cleaning