Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-11-2020, 10:24 AM   #1

Question regarding La's Totally Awesome

I picked a bottle up at Dollar General. Reading the instructions, it says for fiberglass mix 10/1 and for a car mix 50/1. That seems like quite a spread in concentrations. My trailer wall is fiberglass but the diamond plate and bottom trim is painted and the roof is some kind of rubber.

My concern is how different concentrations affect (and possibly damage) painted surfaces, particularly as the runoff from washing the roof can get on the painted surfaces. Since this is so highly recommended by RV owners, I'm looking for experienced recommendations on concentrations that are safe yet effective for cleaning the roof.

I've only had my new Geo Pro for a few months, so while the roof is getting dirty it is not heavily soiled or stained from mildew yet and I want to keep it that way.

Also,are there any other recommendations for products that some folks think is better? As usual, all recommendations/opinions are welcome.
AF&AM, Lodge #584 of North Carolina
jbcrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 06:50 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcrick View Post
I picked a bottle up at Dollar General. Reading the instructions, it says for fiberglass mix 10/1 and for a car mix 50/1. That seems like quite a spread in concentrations. My trailer wall is fiberglass but the diamond plate and bottom trim is painted and the roof is some kind of rubber.

My concern is how different concentrations affect (and possibly damage) painted surfaces, particularly as the runoff from washing the roof can get on the painted surfaces. Since this is so highly recommended by RV owners, I'm looking for experienced recommendations on concentrations that are safe yet effective for cleaning the roof.

I've only had my new Geo Pro for a few months, so while the roof is getting dirty it is not heavily soiled or stained from mildew yet and I want to keep it that way.

Also,are there any other recommendations for products that some folks think is better? As usual, all recommendations/opinions are welcome.
I use this cleaner on several things and I love it. I have a wakeboard boat and in the fall use the straight mix spray bottle to clean the scum off the hull along with my vinyl seats and interior. I also have used it on my TT fiberglass exterior....never had an issue but after wiping it on have generally rinsed it off and then applied a wax or a protectant(303).
The only caution I would share is to not get the spray mist in your eyes....it's irratating!!
I've never deluted it.
bwag1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 06:50 PM   #3

I dont use it on glass!!
bwag1961 is offline   Reply With Quote