Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2016, 11:23 PM   #1

Questions on Forester basement doors and walls

Questions about a Forester 2401R (I think best to post in this forum...hoping that's right):

I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions of what would be best to mount a few brackets and such on a couple of the basement doors? The inside of the doors appears to be some kind of plastic, so I'm thinking a basic wood screw would be best. I get that it won't hold much weight so these will be fairly light weight items such as hiking poles and a paper towel holder on the business side.

Secondly, I'm wondering about mounting some items to the inside forward wall (bulkhead?) of the rear storage compartment (which on the 2401R is quite a large compartment that extends the full width of the unit, although the wall stops about 2.5' from the passenger side). The unit arrived with a Dyson vacuum recharging base already mounted to the wall with screws. I have some other things I would like to mount to get them out of the way of the rest of the storage. Does anyone know what is behind the first plastic layer of the wall? There seems to be a solid wall of sorts behind it but I'm not sure how solid. Would screwing into that risk hitting anything on the other side? Any idea if there are any studs behind that wall that would make good targets for screws?

Many thanks!
Old 04-03-2016, 05:57 PM   #2

Questions on Forester basement doors and walls

Bump.

Also on the second question, I have found that there is a metal frame behind the wall that is partially visible from the generator compartment in the passenger side just ahead of the far aft compartment. (But it's not the part I would like to see for where I would mount some hooks or brackets.) That frame is essentially the rear of the structural frame of the coach. The only thing aft of it is the storage compartment and the rear fiberglass wall (there is no rear ladder on this unit due to the rear slider, which is above the large storage compartment. A stud detector seems to work but is detecting a lot of hardware behind the wall, some vertical and some horizontal.

Land of 10,000 Lakes
2016 Forester MBS 2401R

Tags
door, forester