Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-05-2017, 12:25 PM   #1

Remove Exterior End/Screw Caps?

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can remove this moulding on the outside of my trailer without bending it or wrecking it? I need to do a repair and I believe that it is covering the fasteners that hold the back wall of the trailer to the side walls. I would really like to be able to just put this back on after repairs. Thanks!

2010 Rockwood Roo 23RS

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7870.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	275.2 KB
ID:	147262Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7871.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	213.0 KB
ID:	147263
Old 08-05-2017, 09:15 PM   #2

And also, what kind of adhesive/sealant to put them back on?
Old 08-05-2017, 09:38 PM   #3

The center vinyl bubble cover can be removed (start at one end and pull). The vinyl may have a set screw at the top and bottom of the strip. Once removed toy will see the screws that hold the metal in place. After removing the screws, score the sealant and start prying GENTLY at one end with a flat putty knife, work your way slowly and you should be able to remove it without bending it. Dicor would probably be a good sealant to use to reapply.

May I ask what repair you are trying to do?
MOD Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 09:41 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOD Guy View Post
The center vinyl bubble cover can be removed (start at one end and pull). The vinyl may have a set screw at the top and bottom of the strip. Once removed toy will see the screws that hold the metal in place. After removing the screws, score the sealant and start prying GENTLY at one end with a flat putty knife, work your way slowly and you should be able to remove it without bending it. Dicor would probably be a good sealant to use to reapply.

May I ask what repair you are trying to do?

Awesome! Thank you. Didn't realize the centre would come out on its own. I may not have to remove the other pieces at all.

If you read my other post (slide pulling back wall off), you will see what repair I am going to attempt. I'm hoping the issues is a bunch of stripped fasteners.

Tags
exterior