Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-02-2013, 08:11 AM   #1

Remove RV rear wheel coverd

I own a 2011 Georgetown on a Ford Chassis. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to remove the Chrome wheel covers? The unit came with a T handle wrench, but I am not sure what to use it on. I figured I would ask before I break something. Thanks for your help.

Earle Robinson
erobirish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:20 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by erobirish View Post
I own a 2011 Georgetown on a Ford Chassis. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to remove the Chrome wheel covers? The unit came with a T handle wrench, but I am not sure what to use it on. I figured I would ask before I break something. Thanks for your help.

Earle Robinson
There should be a small cap in the center of the wheel cover.
Pop that off and insert wrench there to remove.

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:33 AM   #3

Are you sure you have wheel covers or the real deal all aluminum wheels? My 2011 Georgetown has the real wheels on the Ford 26K pound chassis, 22.5" tires. If you do have the wheel covers, there will be two chrome lug nuts that have "indents" in them. They will be opposite from one another. These are the only two nuts you take off, the others are fake. Once you get them off you may have to bang with your hand or rubber mallet the edge of the liners to break free from the rim.
Kia Sportage on MasterTow Dolly
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:19 AM   #4

I'm missing my T handle wrench. Are there any markings on the wrench that would help me in obtaining one? I have call Georgetown and Alcoa with no luck in obtaining one. Also if someone has an extra I would like to purchase it.
Thanks