Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2016, 08:10 PM   #1

Replaced my Marker Bulbs Today, a follow up question

We bought our first Motorhome, a 2005 Forest River Forester in November and I have now replaced about 85% of my bulbs with LED's. Today I replaced all 14 marker bulbs and have a question about resealing. In order to remove the lens I had to cut through some sealant and so now, I will need to reseal them. I have read somewhere about not using silicone sealant on the roof, but what about these marker lens caps. What is the best type of sealant to use?

Thanks in advance.
toddlafond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 09:19 AM   #2

I've always had good luck using 100% silicon on exterior projects to keep them 'water resistant', just keep it off the roofing material.

TT-2015 Cherokee 274dbh TV-2011 Ram 3500 Longhorn Limited
Steelframer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 05:40 PM   #3

Thanks Steelframer. An additional question. Is running a bead around it sufficient or should I take them off and put some on the backside as well?
toddlafond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 12:33 AM   #4

I may be wrong but if they are good you can leave them... Just reseal want you broke...unless it is very easy to remove then it's likely toast anyways..also try using RV Proflex ..very durable ..but not easy to work with as I have learned..lol