Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2015, 03:17 PM   #1

roof coatings

My 2004 Wildcat roof is starting to show a lot of wear but so far no leaking. Has anyone else had any experience with the roof coating available at Home Depot to prolong the life of the roof?
scrappypappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 10:15 AM   #2

roof coating

I used a product from True Value Hardware called "Elas-Tek. I did my 30ft. 1998 Starcraft with great results. You apply a base coat one day, the next day you put a coat of this product on the roof with a roller, the next day you put on a second coat, and if you wish a higher level of warranty, add a third coat.

A little bit of work but well worth it. I have pictures but am not smart enough to upload them on my tablet. Google it and see what you think. I highly recommend it. It worked very well for me for less than $300.00.

Good luck,

Jim
jpaskell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 11:36 AM   #3
Never Leak RV Roofing

Scrappypappy, that's great you do not have any leaks, the key to a long lasting rv roof is the coating, seam tape and primer, if there is no soft spots, get rid of the dicor self leveling caulking, lap sealant and replace with the seam tape then coat with 2 coats of a 20 year 100% acrylic elastomeric rv roof coating, then prime the rest of the roof then apply the 20 year rv roof coating to the rest of the roof with 2 coats, never have to get up on your rv roof again to inspect your seams.
rvroofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 04:17 PM   #4

Will Elas-Tex work on any type of roof? I have a rubberized roof on my Forester and am debating what to do. No leaks yet but want to be proactive when I take it out of storage in the Spring.
toddlafond is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roo, roof