Old 05-29-2020, 06:24 AM   #1

Roof Leak on New Camper

We just got a new Columbus Compass 378mbc. We have had it three weeks. Had our first heavy rain yesterday and we had a major leak in the front bedroom. It soaked a big part of the mattress. The water came from a rectangular vent in the ceiling which I think is a air intake for the second air conditioner. The air conditioners are ducted so there is no large access grate. I have looked at the roof and everything looks fine up there. Is the prime suspect the air conditioner gasket? I live five hours from our dealer and two hours from the closest dealer. Should I just take of the air conditioner cover and see if it needs to be snugged up? Thanks for any advice.
tokenfinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 04:35 PM   #2

Roof leak

I had the same problem, there is a seam where the front meets the roof. Get a flexible caulk and fill any cracks in the existing, donít worry about removing the existing
Stetay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 12:32 PM   #3

You should at the very least document the problem with your dealer and Forest River. You don't know what damage has been done and what the problem is. As soon as you start trying to repair it, you might void the warranty.
Old 06-01-2020, 02:11 PM   #4
Site Team

Try using an independent RV shops or mobile RV tech. You just have to get pre-approval from FR and be willing to be reimbursed.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 06:33 PM   #5

I got Rick The RoVing Tech out of Petoskey Michigan to look at it. Turns out the air conditioner was improperly installed at the factory. It was 2Ē to far forward. Warranty covered the fix. Thanks everyone! Rick did a great job if you ever need a tech in northern Michigan.
tokenfinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 06:38 PM   #6
Site Team

See, you don't HAVE to go back to the selling dealer.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper, leak, roo, roof