Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2011, 09:23 PM   #1
J. Parham

Question Roof sealer other than Eternabond

Has anyone ever used the product Quick Roof for Rubber Roofs? I am wondering what the comparison to Eternabond would be. I have some bubbling of the rubber roof in front of and around my front vent. I priced the eternabond today and it was $90 for a 4 inch by 37 foot roll. The quick roof is about half the price. Any thooughts? The product link is: Quick Roof™ instant waterproof repair for regular and rubber roofs
Nights Camped in 2012: 85
snjparham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 09:34 AM   #2

You might have a TPO roof. I checked your link but they do not mention TPO roof suitability. Would probably by OK but I would ask before purchasing.

...VTX-AL
VTX Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 09:37 AM   #3

I got my Eternabond at RVupgrades.com for $110. 8" X 50' roll. That included shipping.
I don't know about the quick roof product, but do know the Ethernabond is great. I don't mind spending more for a good quality product.
Koodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 09:44 AM   #4
MovinSue

My thoughts: After having owned 5 other rigs and getting up on the roof twice a year with a caulk gun, I decided that I was going to find a better way. I am now a "senior citizen" and want to control some of my risks. So, I found out about Eternabond and it seemed like the hot ticket!

I "Eternabonded" my entire roof practically out of the factory door on my 27' FR Lexington GTS. It was easy and took about 7 hours (nice weekend project). Not cheap but I ordered the material off the internet and it was just a little over $30 for 4" roll of tape. I cut the tape to 2" for the windows. Did not use the entire 3 rolls I bought. Total with shipping around $125. Tool was around $15 but if you have strong arms/hands, you don't really need a tool but that can be tiring. Necessary, however, for windows.

Cost negligible considering the potential disastrous cost of an undetected and/or unrepaired leak. Add to that the prospect of "forgetting about semi-annual recaulking" and it's a no-brainer for me! I will continue to crawl up and do semi-annual inspections to make sure the seams are intact.

"Mostly" the Eternabond is holding up. A piece came loose in the New Mexico Wild Winds. Can't see why as the roof was cleaned and prepped and all other material adhered fine. Some bubbling of the tape in curvy areas around windows. (Yes, windows were also E-bonded as were the slide joint seams.)

2013 Lacrosse 323RST TT
Towing Cassie the Dog, a privileged Bichon frise

Winters in FL--Summers in Northern CA
MovinSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:09 AM   #5
J. Parham

Koodog - thanks for the web link. I checked it out and the pricing is great compared to the local supply house. I think I will go with the E-bond that I have been reading about and after reading comments from those who have used it it does seem the way to go.

For what it's worth, I just received a call back from Forest River about my bubbiling and they did ask me to take it in to my dealer. The size that I explained and it's location was of concern. When that issue it resolved I think I will go over the seams as Forest River stated that would not void any warranties and could only make the roof seam sealing better.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:38 PM   #6
J. Parham

Pictures of Bubbling

Thought I would post pics of the bubbling area I am concerned about. The material has lifted I would estimate 1 to 1.5 inches from the roof. Am I being overly worried?

Tags
eternabond