Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-24-2017, 08:25 AM   #1

roof vents

Merry Christmas and happy New year

Ive got a 2016 3011 forester, Yesterday I was cleaning up the inside, after last weekend trip. I noticed water on the table, I found that all three of my roof vents were erroded on the fwd edge, I temp repaired the vents, Couple of the vents are paper thin, Has anyone ever had the same problem..( I got a 5th thats 20 yrs old no vent cover problems)
No-Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 08:35 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by No-Fish View Post
Merry Christmas and happy New year

Ive got a 2016 3011 forester, Yesterday I was cleaning up the inside, after last weekend trip. I noticed water on the table, I found that all three of my roof vents were erroded on the fwd edge, I temp repaired the vents, Couple of the vents are paper thin, Has anyone ever had the same problem..( I got a 5th thats 20 yrs old no vent cover problems)
Talking the vent covers ? UV deterioration ? I replaced all my covers on our old trailer with UV resistant covers from E-Trailer and 5 years later when we sold it, they were still flexible and in great shape.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 08:37 AM   #3

Is it the Vent" flange" that are eroding,the vent "Lids" that are eroding,or the Vent" Covers"? Three different pieces! Youroo!!
Old 12-24-2017, 08:43 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Is it the Vent" flange" that are eroding,the vent "Lids" that are eroding,or the Vent" Covers"? Three different pieces! Youroo!!
I'm thinking it's his actual covers, but not really sure.
Merry Christmas roo.
Old 12-24-2017, 08:47 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 View Post
I'm thinking it's his actual covers, but not really sure.
Merry Christmas roo.
Merry Christmas! I am WAGing his Lids! Covers are like "MAXXAIR" covers! Youroo!!
Old 12-24-2017, 08:54 AM   #6

They are the 14x14 smoked color covers, that cover the vents in the b/r, bath, and over the table....I would say it was due to UV rays , but its only on the fwd edge, but ordering new ones from amazon. I got the maxair roof vent covers, but haven't had time to get them on
Old 12-24-2017, 08:56 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Merry Christmas! I am WAGing his Lids! Covers are like "MAXXAIR" covers! Youroo!!
I don't have the MAXXAIR and I guess I still refer to my lids as covers.
Old 12-24-2017, 09:20 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by No-Fish View Post
They are the 14x14 smoked color covers, that cover the vents in the b/r, bath, and over the table....I would say it was due to UV rays , but its only on the fwd edge, but ordering new ones from amazon. I got the maxair roof vent covers, but haven't had time to get them on
OK the Pic is more clear now,IF the Maxxair covers had been installed in 2016 when your unit was New your Smoked Lids would still probably be in good condition! Also have you ever Traveled with your Vents OPEN, if so that is DEATH on the Cheap/Thin vent Lids! You can Travel with the vents Open Rain or Snow with Maxxair covers NO Water inside your unit! Youroo!!
Old 12-24-2017, 09:59 AM   #9

Nope , youroo I dont travel with lids/covers up....the bath vent is the only one thats been opened..just one more thing to do lol
Old 12-24-2017, 10:18 AM   #10

Out west, they only last 2-3 years in the sun.

Just look at which hinge is on the lid and go to your local RV store and buy new ones. Very easy to change.

Mark
Wileykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 12:51 PM   #11

got them on ordered, mine made it 22mos, here in memphis....I know they are easy to replace, just a pain getting on top.

Tags
roo, roof, vent