Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-17-2018, 05:33 PM   #1

Roof Warranty Question

I have a 2016 Coachmen Clipper 16 fb that I discovered a possible roof leak.I washed the camper and roof and awning today because of a gravel road detour last week. At the right front corner I put my hand down and there is a softball size spot that is soft.I checked over the rest of the roof and it is solid. I always check in and out for leaks as it is stored at home.I opened the cabinet below this and there is no staining and ceiling looks good and solid.The roof sealant looks good to me.I don't know if the dealer would do anything or I should just run eternabond tape over the front seam.
Old 09-18-2018, 06:27 AM   #2

If you've owned it over a year, you are on your own. Frankly, I'd just fix it myself. Dealer will only goop up some Dicor on it.
Rusty
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 01:59 PM   #3
Site Team

Seriously doubt that the dealer or manufacturer will do anything since the owner is responsible for roof seam maintenance. My last dealer said the seams were only warrantied for 90 days.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 11:00 AM   #4

Well the dealer told me what you guys did,the seams aren't covered but the roof is LOL.Oh well I will take care of it my self.The only thing I can figure is water can sit up along the transition strip that runs across the front the way this roof is sloped.I am thinking a 4'' wide piece of eternabond tape all the way across instead of dicor or something out of a tube.I don't think the sealant up there looks terrible but it could be from ice movement as it is stored here in winter.
Old 09-19-2018, 11:10 AM   #5

If the Dicor is in good shape with no huge humps just clean it good and put the Eternabond over it. You get a double seal that way.
Andersen hitch
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roo, roof, warranty