Originally Posted by OldCoot
What Thurman said is and has been the norm for well over 50 years or more. Hardware is machine made and even machines mess up once in a while. I take it you never mess up or make a mistake?
Not harsh, this is true. I respect that!
I'm not trying to dis the easy mistake a man can make or even machine these days. I can understand this is a simple mistake. And if this were one of only a few "mistakes", then it too would be just laughed at. But when you have a growing list of simple mistakes, those forgivable and blow off mistakes start to eat at you a little more. Then a consumer starts to think these mistakes are more a disregard to product quality.
1. rusty screw
2. missing stove grommets
3. fridge door not screwed in and falling off
4. bathroom door not adjusted properly and rubbing at time of purchase
5. speaker wires crossed, outside is inside and inside setting is outside.
6. weather trimming for bunk end not properly attached, water molding on cavas
7. one of trailer stabilizers loose. again screws not tightened
8. awning falling off, again screw not tightened all the way (this one you helped me with, Many thanks again!! )
9. Bunk doors night lined up evenly, water easily getting in on one side of seal.
10. tongue lift bolts crooked and barely hanging on. (dangerous)
11. Water filter mounted improperly, Had to move it out an inch or so to make it easy to access.
12. the TV wasn't even properly mounted.
13. Arm rest guard broken. un-repaired prior to walk through.
14. slide-out eternabond not covering all needed areas causing leaks.
15. slide-out seals caulked on both side, ripped the seal competently off and it was stuck to the trailer body. no one noticed till I got on the roof.
Add this list to the similar list I had when buying my first pup 8 years ago.
All of which is not just one persons fault. It's the manufacturer, the dealer, and the many people who were in the trailer prior to me buying it. You find a few of these items and you just mumble under your breath and blow it off.
I'm also not trying to point our Forest River. I really like their products. I think they are better than most. This issue is across the board from RV's to cars to appliances....
Sorry, this rant goes on and on, but I was just trying to defend my reason for venting on the forum