Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-13-2013, 05:50 PM   #1

RV covers

I am thinking about purchasing a RV cover for this winter. I have a Sandpiper 32QBBS. I was wanting any suggestion brands and experience with covers.
jamsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 06:31 PM   #2

We are in our third winter under a Calmark cover for a v-nose travel trailer. Because of the unique shape I went with them because they custom make the cover to the trailer. They sent me a sheet for certain measurements and I included my own drawing with dimensions because of the v-nose. 6 year warranty--breathable material. A little more pricey but not when compared to the cost of the trailer. I would do it all over again.

Randy and Patty
2015 Sabre 33 CKTS-6 Platinum Edition
Reese 16K Slider hitch
2015 GMC Sierra 3500HD diesel dually
Old car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 07:08 PM   #3
Site Team

Just covered mine last weekend.
Went with the permapro cover.
like the light weight and straps.
Fits very nice. Time will tell but so far so good!
Like it better then my brothers adco or my old expedition. So having seen the 3 covers first hand and in uses, I would buy the permapro of the 3..
Seasonal

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 07:32 PM   #4

( Vortex direct )makes a good cover it is what I use and I am happy with construction of the cover water proof and breathable 4 layer top with 3 layer sides I am in Texas so it will help with the sun and keep the elements out very very fair prices I think it has a 3 year warranty but with all warrenty you have to read fine print
Cedar creeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 10:02 PM   #5

I use the Addco cover. just bought a new one to replace the old one which I got 5 years out of. I got the Aquashed cover for better moisture control! very good quality. just be sure you pad any and all corners/edges/protrusions real good. I use bubble wrap, works great!

Better to have a bad day of camping than a good day at work!
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 11:47 PM   #6

I covered my camper last weekend and I'm glad I went with the Adco cover. Went on pretty easy and quality is great! Here she is sleeping!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1090533892.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	43060
Old 12-05-2013, 05:45 PM   #7
Dan the Busman

The comment about the corners is extremely true especially if you have downspouts. They will rip holes in each corner if you don't use bubble wrap. Also I learned from someone else that when spring comes you get a 55 gal trashcan and put it behind your trailer. Pull each side of the cover up to the middle of the roof and then get down by the trashcan and pull the cover and stuff it in the can. Next winter you can just reverse the procedure and pull the cover out of the can and pull it to the roof and down to the front of the trailer, unwrap the cover and throw it over each side. it takes about 20 minutes to complete the entire procedure.
Busman1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 06:31 PM   #8

Covered mine with an adco watershed too. so far so good. bought tennis balls and cut an X in them to slid over the protruding downspouts before putting on the cover. worked great for covering the tips of the spouts.

lickem66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 06:54 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busman1947 View Post
The comment about the corners is extremely true especially if you have downspouts. They will rip holes in each corner if you don't use bubble wrap. Also I learned from someone else that when spring comes you get a 55 gal trashcan and put it behind your trailer. Pull each side of the cover up to the middle of the roof and then get down by the trashcan and pull the cover and stuff it in the can. Next winter you can just reverse the procedure and pull the cover out of the can and pull it to the roof and down to the front of the trailer, unwrap the cover and throw it over each side. it takes about 20 minutes to complete the entire procedure.
Absolutely Wizard Dan!! I've been using the stuff sack that came with our cover and I can tell you it "ain't worth stuff"!!

To answer the original question, we bought the Classic Accessories Poly Pro III on line at Wal Mart. Under $200 for 24' and it has been great. Fit is perfect, and it has held up well in our often harsh winters. Cold, wind and lots of snow. Don't forget tire covers and Dan's great storage trick.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_8287.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	43482  
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 07:38 PM   #10

Don't forget about the steps, I covered ours with the adco, of course next day high winds had covered downspouts but didn't think about the metal corners on the steps, so tore a nice hole at the bottom, I quickly fixed that and hopefully good now
themounties is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover