Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-28-2021, 06:11 PM   #1
swj

rv flex armor

Anyone had any experience on rvroof.com and their rv flex armor spray on roof treatment? There are a few knock off companies with similar names. I'm looking at the rvroof.com company. Ben around for 20 years.... Everything I read is a positive. Great replacement for PVC, TPO and EDPM roof system. No more piles of lap seal. NO MORE LAP SEAL. Clean look/slick fiberglass, as well as lifetime warranty for leaks thru material and where AC and other roof mounted hardware attached to roof.

Why haven't the RV mfg gone to this type of roof. TPO, PVC, and EDPM all seem to have a 5 year life because of the piles of lap seal needed to leak proof ACs and stuff on the roof??
swj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 02:08 AM   #2
Retired FF

Had mine done by RVRoof in Florida. Best investment for my rig I ever made.
Tougher roof now, zero maintenance, stays cleaner.
Old 01-29-2021, 10:36 AM   #3

Minimum charge

Contacted them per phone # published on their website. Very nice conversation and sounds like a quality product but minimum charge is $3650. That's why the industry as a whole isn't stampeding to it. Appears that after a cost benefit analysis smaller units aren't cost effective. Just my opinion.
Centerline TS WDH
2004 Heritage Softtail Harley Davidson
Nick Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 06:43 PM   #4
Retired FF

Here are a couple of pictures of my roof after RV Roof finished with it.

Again, I'm completely satisfied with the quality of the roof material as well as their workmanship.
The reason I had it done is because when the factory put the rubber roof on, there was a staple leg that was ticking barely through the rubber but caused an un-noticed pinhole leak. I found the leak when doing roof maintenance and saw an area of the rubber roof that looked "different". That was because of the OSB had started to swell there. Even after looking intently for why, it was very difficult to see where it was punctured. I actually found it by rubbing my hands over that area of the roof and "felt" the staple leg, but still was difficult to see.

RV Roof cut out the bad area of OSB and replaced it before coating the roof, and now I'll never have to worry about it again. The material is thick and durable. It seems a little pricey, but when I compared having the entire roof re-done with EPDM, it wasn't very much difference at all. so the thicker, tougher, easy to maintain roof was a no brainer to me.

Bill
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_1264.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	174.7 KB
ID:	247166   Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_1268.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	271.0 KB
ID:	247167  
Old 02-02-2021, 07:01 PM   #5
swj

Flex armor!

Did you get the RV flex armor? The flex armor by RV roof company has you take your RV to them where they do the install at their/franchise indoor facility. Iím being told itís far better than the armor done by the installer that comes to you.
Old 02-02-2021, 09:05 PM   #6
Retired FF

Yes, I took it to them in Green Cove Springs, FL. It's not far from Jacksonville.

Their product is a spray on product, much like a spray in bed liner (it's thicker)

They remove all the A/C's, vents, skylights, etc. and prep the roof to spray. they then replace everything & put new vent covers & stuff. The final product is a 1 piece seamless layer that is very tough. They gave me a scrap piece when I picked up my rig & I whacked at it with a screwdriver and a knife and couldn't poke through it. Very impressive & gives me great piece of mind with my rig's roof.

If you go to their website RVRoof.com they will send you a sample of the product.

The company that comes to you uses a roll on product. I haven't seen it in person, so not sure if it is as thick or durable.
Old 02-03-2021, 09:00 PM   #7
swj

RV Flex Armor

THXS, having my RV Flex Armor roof put on this week. Having them spray over the skylight.
Old 02-04-2021, 07:37 AM   #8
Site Team

Please post some pics of it when it's done?
We'll probably need to get ours done in a year or two, and I'd like to see the finished product.
Old 02-26-2021, 11:59 AM   #9
swj

done

Flex Armor Roof sprayed on. Looks great and is like a slight textured fiberglass like roof. NO LAP SEAL anywhere on the roof. The spray on material is sprayed on/up any flange that penetrates the roof. Skylight spray over. MAXXFAN mounting brackets on the roof surface sprayed over. Same process for TV antenna, ACs and anything penetrating the roof. NO MORE roof maintenance. NO more potential roof leaks. No more roof leaks due to lap seal failure. Bullet and HAIL proof roof.

This is my 3rd and final roof. Seems like Forest River and other trailer mfg should set up their own spray on roof facility and hit the trailers as they come down the line. The current EPDM, TPO, PVC roofs are all suspect and the lap seal failure is a real concern. Maybe that's by design.
Old 02-26-2021, 08:31 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by swj View Post
THXS, having my RV Flex Armor roof put on this week. Having them spray over the skylight.
If they spray over the skylight won't that block all the light defeating the purpose of having it all all? I'm looking to do this to our new 5th wheel when the warranty is up. Do they remove the old material first?
Rolling Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 12:15 AM   #11

I sprayed white Plastidip over my skylight. The light still comes through and it cuts down on the heat.

2020 Rockwood Roo 19
2012 F150 SuperCrew Ecoboost
hobienick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 09:58 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobienick View Post
I sprayed white Plastidip over my skylight. The light still comes through and it cuts down on the heat.
I thought the heat is why they started putting in double layers of plastic glass. My last unit had it and our new one also. Keeps the heat out. Although it might help add a layer of protection for the top layer, in case of tree limbs and such.
Old 02-27-2021, 11:52 PM   #13

I had to remove my inside layer. Moisture got between the layers and would not go away. When removing the inside layer I noticed the tape that held it in place had several large gaps. Concerned that it would just be a moisture trap again I left it off.

No problems with heat or moisture now.

2020 Rockwood Roo 19
2012 F150 SuperCrew Ecoboost
hobienick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 08:54 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobienick View Post
I had to remove my inside layer. Moisture got between the layers and would not go away. When removing the inside layer I noticed the tape that held it in place had several large gaps. Concerned that it would just be a moisture trap again I left it off.

No problems with heat or moisture now.

hobienick
I have not heard of that one happening. Worth watching out for in the future.
Thanks