Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-04-2021, 04:00 PM   #1

RV Roof Coatings

Was wondering if anyone has had a good or bad experience with RV Armor or Flex Armor.

I have a 2019 Cedar Creek 331k and have been thinking of having one of these coatings applied to my roof to eliminate the constant cleaning and sealing maintenance. I am turning 74 this year and I am not as steady on these roofs as I use to be.

There are many self applied sealers on the market but these two standout to be a much better quality product. Flex Armor is spayed on in a controlled environment where RV Armor, they come to you and apply the product.

Any suggestion and recommendations are appreciated. It's to bad the manufactures don't offer a better roof option these these thin TPO material.

Thank You
Ron
Ocnboating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 05:10 PM   #2

Rv Roof Coatings

Ron:

I own a 2017 Cedar Creek 36CK2 that we bought from an individual in July 2020. We have chose to find a place and "rent" a seasonal spot yearly instead of hauling it all over the country. I have looked into the "Crazy Seal" double layer kit and it is ~$1500.00 and then you would have to find someone to do the labor. It has a 50 year warranty which if you are like me I will not own it that long. I am 67 yrs old and I know what you mean about negotiating the roof but I am still doing it..LOL.

I pulled up the U-tube video of the construction of my Cedar Creek and it mentions that it has a 12 year warranty. I am strongly considering looking more into the Crazy Seal for the roof and hopefully can put it on myself within the next 3 years. Hope this helps.

Manrock54
2017 Cedar Creek 36CK2
manrock54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 09:53 AM   #3
Always Learning

I opted for RV Roofing Solutions. Supposedly it's folks that worked for or started RV Armor and came up with a better solution. I don't know how true it is, but I'm happy with the end result.

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ns-232118.html

Tags
roo, roof