Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-11-2015, 10:59 AM   #21

Service manager called back today. If FR denies the warranty claim again, the dealer will be buying back the unit from us and sending it back to Sierra and reordering us a new one.
Wumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 11:00 AM   #22
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Let us know how that goes.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 01:02 PM   #23

Glad your dealer is stepping up to fix it. Got ours back yesterday. The dealer would not let me use a ladder to check the roof there, (lawyers after they were sued). I checked when we got home and it looks good. They recaulked the front, wish the factory work looked as good.
FrankMor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 01:24 PM   #24

Great news FrankMor!
Old 11-11-2015, 02:04 PM   #25

Thanks, hope you get good news soon.

Frank
FrankMor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 12:39 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wumba View Post
Just got off the phone with Greg Johnson from Foret River. They WILL NOT approve warranty work on the roof. According to him, it is purely cosmetic and does not affect the coach whatsoever. He also said the radius is attached with staples that will come loose when the coach frame flexes going down the road. So I guess it's normal for roof radius to come loose? He said it's been documented and if there are any membrane tears that can be attributed the radius coming loose that they will cover it then. Simply amazing.
Didnt see any pics, but ill tell you my experience with plastic radiused corner moldings under the rubber roof on the sides of rvs hoping thats what were talking about. They split and warp and do all kinds of crazy things over time. The top edge begins to seer sucker and raise and cut the rubber roof membrane. I pulled the rubber loose on the edges, pulled the plastic, cut it down where formed a radised support for the aluminum flashing i installed to replace it. Had hoped mfg would have bailed on that concept but it sounds like it still viable to them...
Crockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 02:17 AM   #27

Yep, that's the exact problem. You'd think they would have figured a better way to do it by now. Seems be be becoming more of an issue lately. What you explained was exactly what the service manager said would happen over time.
Old 11-13-2015, 11:07 PM   #28

First River has approved roof repairs for our unit. I guess submitting it twice and getting the service and dealer managers involved is what it takes for FR to approve repairs now.
Old 11-20-2015, 02:20 PM   #29

I also am having those issues. Mine is going in for a laundry list of repairs: 1)Nose cone leaking 2) Cracked entry door.
3) Master bedroom a/c doesn't work
4 ) Metal coping under rubber roof is lifted
5) Damaged molding around the slid outs when it was delivered
6) Slide outs are very crooked and gaskets not sealing

I guess I might see it by April or so. I was told by Scott Hunt at Forest River that he will deny the claim for the coping under the rubber roof until it becomes a problem. Unbelievable! !! And he said that he has never heard of a nose cone leaking...I guess he never read any of the posts hear. If anyone has these issues please let them know. We can get a resolution if we stick together.
PSEYFRIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 02:41 PM   #30

They told me the same thing when I called about the roof. The service manager submitted the request for a second time and it was approved. The dealership GM also got involved and told Sierra they were going to send the unit back to them and order us another. They approved the roof work and it is complete. We go pick it up next week.
Old 11-20-2015, 03:34 PM   #31

OK. I will throw that at them next. Thanks
PSEYFRIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 04:41 PM   #32

Good luck and let us know the outcome!
Old 02-19-2016, 11:01 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo 1954 View Post
This is my 1st new TT and I really dont understand all the warranty approval issues. Evidently the manufacturers dont trust the dealers like the car manufactuers do and just let them repair them and get reimbursed.
"Trust but verify" FR is not going to give a dealer a blank check. They are pretty good about approving repairs however. The had to take photos of my issues to get approval.

Tags
roo, roof