Old 10-22-2019, 08:13 AM   #1

Slide Out Floor Dropping

I've discovered that the floor on my super slide is dropping and I can see daylight in one section. There was possible leak prior to our purchase. We have thermal seal on the undercarriage. Any suggestion for DIY fix?

terryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 09:10 AM   #2

Its hard to give advice or suggestion if you don't post the make and model of your rig and a big plus would be a pic.

2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 03:15 PM   #3

SeaDog...I have 2016 Tracer by Forest River Ultra Lite Executive Series M-3200 BHT. It's also Thermo Sealed. Interior photo doesn't show it well but if you step towards the corner, you can see daylight. I've thought that I could jack it up and insert long screws. This is all new to me so need a little guidance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20191022_160656.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	246.4 KB
ID:	217852   Click image for larger version

Name:	20191022_160758.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	217853  
terryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 04:03 PM   #4

The problem may be that plastic trim allowing water to get into the floor pull up the carpet and check the floor.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
Old 10-22-2019, 04:06 PM   #5

check this video it may be what is causing your problem if not its a good learning lesson.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
Old 10-24-2019, 05:50 AM   #6

I have a FL39 Riverstone found rooted wood on the rear of the off door slide. Just FYI extended warranty would not cover this dealership wanted 20 hours labor to repair. Removed the small peace of molding at the bottom of the slide and that tis where the water was leaking in. Cut out the damaged wood, replaced it with treated lumber make sure to seal all the edges, had a peace of flashing bent to fit. No more leak. Cost for parts. $67. Labor 0. Few hours of my time.
Clcupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 08:50 PM   #7

Just had same issue, see my post under Cedar Creek Slide Out Leak. Was caused by leaking black dacor material, which is becoming a very common issue. Had to cut out section and replace it. The video posted earlier shows the cause very well. I did install the slide skies that our dealer had in stock.

If the floor is wet and soft or dry and flaking apart it probably is not salvageable. I did find that on our unit the only thing holding the floor to the slide out were the small 1 1/2 screws that go through the drip molding, If for some reason these broke or came loose then you may be able to push the floor up and secure it from the bottom. When I replaced the new piece I did use 2 inch self drilling flat head screws and went up through the floor into the aluminum frame of the slide out. I sealed the screws with caulk. They were then also covered by the slide out skies, that were installed. I did this on both slides that have the dacor material below the drip edge trim. Hope this prevents it from occurring again.

Rich5117 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor, slide, slide out