Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2018, 09:05 AM   #1

Slide out leak advice

Had a bad leak the past two heavy rains. Slide out leaked and soaked the carpet. No wall damage or wetness. I notice the black seals (see photos) had a considerable gap in one end of the slide out roof. I suspect the water pooled and ran down the inside edge of the slide out.

Looks like the seal corner with the gap wasn't glue well. My gut, after checking the inside seal, is maybe pull it apart and re-glue with a tighter fit like the other seal in the photos. Even the non-leaking seal has a bit of a gap which I guess is ok. Thoughts?

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0329.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	353.5 KB
ID:	169799   Click image for larger version

Name:	Leaking joint.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	392.5 KB
ID:	169800   Click image for larger version

Name:	non-leaking seal.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	328.8 KB
ID:	169801  
VA Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 11:53 AM   #2

Hmm. Wonder if slide out of adjustment? When u close slide does the top hit first and then pull bottom in? Bedroom slides not have vertical adjustments. Need to be shimmed. I’d wonder what cause seal to have that wave in it. 1. Def replace that seal. 2. Temporary fix may be to have little lower on that side of Rv so Water runs away from unit. I think I just thought of what may have caused that wave in the seal. I see you have no slide topper may be a branch or something was in there for a while and that rubber has a memory and can get like that. Just trying to help. Some ideas.
quick83 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, slide, slide out