Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-13-2020, 02:10 PM   #1

Slide Out Seal

I have a 2017 Cherokee 274dbh with a slide out seal leak. I went to measure the seal and realized the bulb seal and scrapper seal are two separate pieces. If I look through Steele Rubber's catalogue, it's going to cost about 400 bucks to get these two seals. Just wondering if anyone else has run in to this or found another place to buy them from. Also wondering if I could just change to a single bulb and scrapper seal.
JBusbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 03:21 PM   #2

The bulb seal known as the D seal can be found on amazon for about 80 bucks and replaced in minutes. This is usually what keeps the water out. I suggest replacing it and then testing for leaks
Great bourbon-just about any of San Diego’s craft beer
Beachbourbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 09:27 PM   #3

I just replaced the 1" D seal on my bedroom slide. Just the front side, the rest were fine, as were the wiper seals. I went to a local RV service shop and they had pieces, so I found one that was 6' long and got off pretty cheap. I used a little silicone spray so it slid on the base fairly easy.
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
seal, slide, slide out