Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2017, 03:25 PM   #1

Storage lock for Rockwood 1905

I have three external storage compartments. One of the locks "locked" up, and the key will no longer open it. Tried pushing, jiggling, cussing, etc. but nothing worked. This is a cheap CAMCO part I believe, available on Amazon Prime. They have different sizes available, but I'm not sure how they measure them. 1) Are all of these Rockwood "Offset Baggage Locks" the same size? If so, what size? 2) How do they measure them? For instance, on a 7/8" lock, is that the length of the whole cam when removed from the lock, or just the part that sticks out from the lock, etc?

THANKS!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2281.JPG
Views:	99
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	137983  
dltrost01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 10:05 AM   #2

Did you try some lube? I had one like that and I used soeme lube and it's working great now.

I'd go around to the other locks and see if they're all the same size. I think mine are all the same.

Check the key code if you do order a new one. I understand from talking to the dealer that there are basically two keys for campers CH751 and CH701. Might be nice to get one keyed like your others.
007matman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 01:53 PM   #3

Yeah - I tried lube just before the cussing started. Actually, on Amazon, you can buy 4 matched baggage locks for $19.95. Will do that. Thanks!
dltrost01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 01:56 PM   #4

That's probably what I would do too.. just replace them all. Might be good to get one with a different lock than every other camper in the campground too!

I might do that myself. My family kinda freaked about that revelation.
007matman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lock, rockwood, storage