Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-24-2019, 08:58 PM   #1

Storing $$$$$ sealants

I've found that wrapping my tubes in cellophane wrap with wirenut cap keeps them from drying out. I also keep them in my cool basement. Bought these tubes last year and used just a few inches from each. Unwrapped them this year and no problems squeezing out a few more inches per tube.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190912_200807_resize_58.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	282.7 KB
ID:	215762
RetiredSoldier919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 09:08 PM   #2

Watch the shelf life. Geocel states that it's one year from the manufacturing date. I'm not sure what will happen but I would imagine there could be curing problems as the curing agents can break down. Similar things happen to old silicone adhesives. They will pump just fine and appear good but will fail to cure.
woo10-210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 09:43 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by woo10-210 View Post
Watch the shelf life. Geocel states that it's one year from the manufacturing date. I'm not sure what will happen but I would imagine there could be curing problems as the curing agents can break down. Similar things happen to old silicone adhesives. They will pump just fine and appear good but will fail to cure.
No problems so far. The lines cure fine and seem to be holding fine over the last few weeks since applying.
RetiredSoldier919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 07:22 AM   #4

I mistakenly used some Proflex RV on my EPDM roof. Has anyone reading this seen actual damage due to applying it in this way? Did it do anything to the rubber roofing?

Tags
seal