Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-11-2020, 12:26 PM   #1

Strange underbelly/floor leak

I have a 2017 Rockwood Mini Lite 2304 that I have owned since it was new. I have inspected and re-sealed the roof twice a year, and I have never had any kind of a leak. But, I recently noticed a strange leak of some sort. I'll try to provide as much detail as I can.

The trailer sat for about two weeks between trips recently, and I took the trailer out on a trip. When I got to my destination, I noticed a small amount of water dripping from the front left corner of the trailer. This was not coming from the coroplast underbelly below the frame rails, but it's coming from corner where the metal trim meets a the bottom corner of the floor, above the top of the frame rails. I've attached a picture as best as I can capture.

So here's what's puzzling me: If the trailer sits for a few days, I can't find any water anywhere. If I move the trailer 50 miles or so, I get a little bit of a drip again. I have checked all my seals on the roof, pulled my clearance lights and resealed them, and checked for any plumbing leaks. It is a front bedroom model, so I have no plumbing at all anywhere near where this is leaking, but I have still checked every plumbing fixture that I can get to, and removed all the drawers in the kitchen to check as well. I thought perhaps a holding tank was leaking, so I drained all three tanks, and it still leaked on a recent 85 mile trip. At this point, the only thing I can think of is that the sealant behind the metal trim strip has actually failed, but I'm not sure. Has anyone seen this before?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200501_195534446.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	286.4 KB
ID:	228820  
2018 Camping Season: 48 nights, 7,216 Miles
2019 Camping Season: 52 nights, 6,721 Miles
2020 Camping Season: 67 nights, 7,268 Miles
KansasJohn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor, leak, underbelly