Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-12-2013, 03:17 PM   #1

Sunseeker 2600WS Exterior Wall Issues

PREFACE:
I understand that although this site bares the name Forest River it is not owned nor operated by the company know as Forest River, Inc., a Berkshire Hathaway company. That said the following is written "Without Prejudice" as this is a matter still unresolved.

BEWARE.............Anyone had any issues with the FR Sunseeker sidewalls our 2010 has developed noticeable bulges, so much for the vacuum sealing and zero wood content spiel something is defiantly up and warranty DON'T even want to help. Starting to think these units are hopeless which is why no support after warranty up. Would recommend prior to warranty expiration that they get the entire envelope inspected for any signs of failure.

My three year unit was maintained in accordance with the manufacturers requirements and they have totally blanked my request for information on how to resolve the defective construction of the sidewalls. Considering taking my RV to the next RV show and warning people of this hidden issue which is progressive like a Cancer and makes your RV sidewalls look worse and worse with age. This has an immediate effect on the value of the unit and the enjoyment that you can have when using the vehicle for its intended use.

Any help or comments appreciated.
Accubid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 02:54 AM   #2

Paint bubbling

Our 2011 31' Sunseeker with only 5500 miles on it is also showing bubbles on the outer wall surfaces. Not the cab or metal areas but all the side board areas. I had a paint shop look at it and they said it is a moisture issue all right but probaly from the paint process or moisture in the boards before it was painted. I also have seen where others with my year and modle have the same problem. FR is giving us the same story so it might be best if we get everyone together and file a class action suit. I seriously doubt we all stored them wrong. As is, my RF was stored with a well vented cover and had a very small heater in it all winter to keep moisture out. It is something we need to get out to everyone as I wouldn't want anyone else purchasing a Forest River RV if this is the way they take care of manufacturing problems.
MorBanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 04:24 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorBanks View Post
Our 2011 31' Sunseeker with only 5500 miles on it is also showing bubbles on the outer wall surfaces. Not the cab or metal areas but all the side board areas. I had a paint shop look at it and they said it is a moisture issue all right but probaly from the paint process or moisture in the boards before it was painted. I also have seen where others with my year and modle have the same problem. FR is giving us the same story so it might be best if we get everyone together and file a class action suit. I seriously doubt we all stored them wrong. As is, my RF was stored with a well vented cover and had a very small heater in it all winter to keep moisture out. It is something we need to get out to everyone as I wouldn't want anyone else purchasing a Forest River RV if this is the way they take care of manufacturing problems.
Here is a suggestion for you to do. Take your unit somewhere that has a moisture meter they can go over your walls and tell you the exact amount of moisture if that is the problem. Any good marine yard can do it. They check boat hauls that way for the blister problems. At least then you would know for sure, It could also just be the glue they used during the process which is completely different . It something you going to have to find out for sure first.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
exterior, sunseeker