Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-10-2014, 04:01 PM   #1

Walk on roof? WW 21 RBS

Hi all
Proud owner of a 2014 Wildwood 21RBS, I am just wondering if I am able to walk on top of the roof in order to inspect the seals, and to make it easier to put a cover over it for the winter? It has no integral ladder, and I have heard that means that the roof will not support a person's weight....any advice would be appreciated!
thumperpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 04:09 PM   #2

Yes, you can walk on it. Be slow and be nice to your roof.clean roof and re caulk seams when needed

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 09:10 AM   #3

Going up on my Canyon Cat 17 qbc. Is there a weight limit? I am a heavier than most people.
whitmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 09:25 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitmw View Post
Going up on my Canyon Cat 17 qbc. Is there a weight limit? I am a heavier than most people.

These are units built with light weight materials. So there is a limit on how much and WHERE weight can be put on the roof. If you 'think' that you may be too heavy, then work from the sides and not get on the roof. I am not responsible or anyone on this forum, to you, if I suggest to 'go for it' and walk on your roof and a problem comes up because you walked on it. It is your unit. For the 'best' answer to your question, call and talk to the manufacturer and go by their recommendations. I will and have walked on mine and it is fine for me. I have never 'asked' and take full responsibility for my unit.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roo, roof