Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-28-2017, 11:40 AM   #1

Washing and Waxing Aluminum TT

I have a new Wildwood 27RKSS which is aluminum sided. Have used it one season and not washed or waxed yet.

Let me preface my question with saying that I'm looking for an easy solution to waxing. I'm not keen on hand waxing ---- yes, it's absolutely the best way to do it. Its just labor intensive and I'd rather labor at my job so that I can enjoy my hobbies. I might be able to bring myself to hand wax with something like Nu Finish every couple years but really want to avoid doing the "wax on, wax off" thing more often than that.

Did I mention that I hate hand waxing?

Is there any downside to using a product that includes the wash detergent and the wax? That way I can wash and wash at one time with no buffing required. Something like "Turtle Zip Wax Car Wash and Wax"?
seakayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 10:14 PM   #2

I'm a firm believer in you get out of it what you put into it. No replacement to doing it the right way. Surely you can spend the time to do a hand wax once a season. It's just part of the upkeep of the RV ownership thing. Unless you can afford to hire it done. I always found it rewarding to see the after results of a fresh wax job. Especially when the first rain comes and you can see the water streaming off and beading up. :-).
Decon Blue is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aluminum, wax