Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-09-2020, 05:48 PM   #1
swj

Washing and waxing orbit waxer

Purchaced StarBrite RV wash, SBrite RV wax and a Black Decker electric 6 inch random orbit waxer and polisher. Direction shout out don't put any force on the orbit waxer and buffer. I have 2017 FRiver Surveyor I plan to wash and wax this weekend. Any caution/experience when using a electric waxer and buffer.?Plan to use many pads and light pressure over decals/trailer. Concerns? Or is the exterior of the trailer bullet proof as long as you don't grind with the Black and Decker?
swj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 05:57 PM   #2

You just want to float on the surface. Don't press down.

Decals are a buggar. Mine are oxidized and shrinking. They absorbed the wax and it changes the color when that happens. Because they are also shrinking they are peeling up a bit. So, you really can't use the buffer on them.

I would keep the buffer to the larger areas that are free of decals. Go by hand around the decals and be careful not to get the wax on them.

If your decals are in really good shape you could try going over them in an inconspicuous place and see what it does but I'd be careful.

For reference, my camper is a 2008 so maybe they improved them somewhat since then...
007matman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 10:53 PM   #3

Let the machine do the work, and use less product than you think you need. Put 3 or 4 dime sized drops on the pad and spread thin with overlapping passes. Putting a thick coat on just means you have to wipe harder to get all the excess off and waste a ton of product.
pilotpip is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wax