Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2024, 06:39 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2024
Posts: 3
Question What is this bracket for?

What is this Bracket for? 2020 Flagstaff Mico Lite 21DS. Click image for larger version

Name:	Bracket.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	274.4 KB
ID:	298667

Click image for larger version

Name:	bracket (2).jpg
Views:	107
Size:	318.6 KB
ID:	298668

It is about 2 Ft aft of the door. Directly under the kitchen windows. Picture 2 shows it framed by the grab bar.
Ted.Clemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 06:40 PM   #2
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2024
Posts: 3
Pictures are rotated 90 degrees off.
Ted.Clemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 06:44 PM   #3
Site Team
 
bikendan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Goodyear, Arizona
Posts: 34,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted.Clemens View Post
What is this Bracket for? 2020 Flagstaff Mico Lite 21DS. Attachment 298667

Attachment 298668

It is about 2 Ft aft of the door. Directly under the kitchen windows. Picture 2 shows it framed by the grab bar.
Moving the inside tv to the outside. That's why the connections are below it.
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 06:44 PM   #4
Site Team
 
Mr. Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Grayson County, Texas
Posts: 21,804
It appears to be a mounting bracket to hang your tv outside.
__________________
2015 FR Wildcat 295RSX / GMC Sierra

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78/'24 = 41; Booked for 2024 = 55
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 06:44 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2024
Posts: 3
Ahhhh. Thank you
Ted.Clemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 06:46 PM   #6
Pickin', Campin', Mason
 
5picker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: South Western PA
Posts: 19,235
Television
__________________
2022 Cedar Creek 345IK 5th Wheel•Solar & Inverter•2024 Ford F-Series SCREW•7.3L•4x4•Factory Puck•B&W Companion•TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater•Sinemate 3500w Gen.
F&AM Lodge 358 Somerset, PA - JAFFA Shrine - Altoona, PA

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 07:00 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 9,899
Looks like the mods win this contest. 100% of the answers are from them.
__________________
Larry
"Everybody's RV is not like your RV."
"Always take pictures with the button on the right."
"Always bypass the water heater before opening the low-point drains."
Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 07:19 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 1,124
It's called a "paw mount", if it matters, you can either move your inside TV outside or buy an extra of the male side and install it on a spare TV.

As a side note, on our 2020 model 21DS, it is very difficult to lift the TV high enough to get it to disengage from the paw mount on the wall bracket. it's really a pain. I had to extend the wall mount fully and turn the TV a few degrees left or right to get enough clearance.
__________________
-Qwkynuf

2003 F150 Supercab 4x4, tow pkg, 3.55 gears
2020 Flagstaff Micro Lite 21DS
Qwkynuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 07:46 PM   #9
Site Team
 
bikendan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Goodyear, Arizona
Posts: 34,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwkynuf View Post
It's called a "paw mount", if it matters, you can either move your inside TV outside or buy an extra of the male side and install it on a spare TV.

As a side note, on our 2020 model 21DS, it is very difficult to lift the TV high enough to get it to disengage from the paw mount on the wall bracket. it's really a pain. I had to extend the wall mount fully and turn the TV a few degrees left or right to get enough clearance.
Actually it is probably NOT a PAW mount. I have the same mount on my TracerAir TT and PAW mounts don't work with the FR V-mounts. Not sure who FR sources their V-mounts from but it's not PAW.
I know this because I needed a V-mount for the bedroom tv arm so I ordered one from PAW. Didn't fit so I called them and was told that FR uses a different mount and theirs won't work.
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 09:42 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2023
Location: Exact Center of CA
Posts: 234
FR probably gets them from who ever has them available. My 2022 has PAW mounts. But when I wanted another PAW was out and wanted $39 for a male and female pair.
I ordered from Walmart with the TV and got another brand for $10. looks the same but not PAW brand. DR
dangerranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 10:54 PM   #11
Site Team
 
Mr. Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Grayson County, Texas
Posts: 21,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry-NC View Post
Looks like the mods win this contest. 100% of the answers are from them.
… except for 5picker’s.
__________________
2015 FR Wildcat 295RSX / GMC Sierra

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78/'24 = 41; Booked for 2024 = 55
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 07:37 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Mookie58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2023
Location: Central New York
Posts: 116
You should have received the corresponding square male bracket meant to attach to another TV in your accessories bag in the camper. Our Micro Lite has the same outdoor bracket. I know I'll never use it. If I'm outdoors I'm watching the outdoors, not TV.
__________________
2024 Flagstaff Micro Lite 21FBRS
2021 RAM 1500 Bighorn 5.7L Hemi

Take the high road. It's usually less muddy.
Mookie58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 07:46 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Posts: 1,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Actually it is probably NOT a PAW mount. I have the same mount on my TracerAir TT and PAW mounts don't work with the FR V-mounts.
This is what I bought for my extra television mount. Metal not plastic. It is mounted so I can just drop the television down so I am not looking up.
The link gives the dimensions of it also.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/163065175259
__________________
2022 Rockwood 2511S
2018 F150 3.5 Crew Cab 4x4
Max Tow Package 1855 Lbs Payload
Husky CenterLine WDH
GolfingDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 03:20 PM   #14
Site Team
 
bikendan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Goodyear, Arizona
Posts: 34,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfingDave View Post
This is what I bought for my extra television mount. Metal not plastic. It is mounted so I can just drop the television down so I am not looking up.
The link gives the dimensions of it also.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/163065175259
Yep, PAW mounts are plastic while the one pictured is metal as is the corresponding mount.
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 03:39 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Posts: 1,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Yep, PAW mounts are plastic while the one pictured is metal as is the corresponding mount.
Except for the steel ones.
https://www.pawinternational.com/pro...39459325706486
__________________
2022 Rockwood 2511S
2018 F150 3.5 Crew Cab 4x4
Max Tow Package 1855 Lbs Payload
Husky CenterLine WDH
GolfingDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 04:05 PM   #16
Site Team
 
bikendan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Goodyear, Arizona
Posts: 34,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfingDave View Post
They didn't have steel ones, back when I was in communication with the owner of PAW International.
So does this plate accept the plastic PAW tv mount?
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 05:18 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Posts: 1,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
They didn't have steel ones, back when I was in communication with the owner of PAW International.
So does this plate accept the plastic PAW tv mount?
No. The dimensions are different. Not sure where I got the plastic dimensions but got the steel dimensions on the ebay ad.
__________________
2022 Rockwood 2511S
2018 F150 3.5 Crew Cab 4x4
Max Tow Package 1855 Lbs Payload
Husky CenterLine WDH
GolfingDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 07:17 PM   #18
Site Team
 
bikendan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Goodyear, Arizona
Posts: 34,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfingDave View Post
No. The dimensions are different. Not sure where I got the plastic dimensions but got the steel dimensions on the ebay ad.
So does PAW have the Vmount that slides into that steel mount?
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 05:45 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Posts: 1,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
So does PAW have the Vmount that slides into that steel mount?
Up to the buyer to determine dimensions,buy the set.

https://www.pawinternational.com/pro...42183007437046
__________________
2022 Rockwood 2511S
2018 F150 3.5 Crew Cab 4x4
Max Tow Package 1855 Lbs Payload
Husky CenterLine WDH
GolfingDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 11:16 AM   #20
Site Team
 
bikendan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Goodyear, Arizona
Posts: 34,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfingDave View Post
Up to the buyer to determine dimensions,buy the set.

https://www.pawinternational.com/pro...42183007437046
That's exactly what my TracerAir TT had.
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bracket

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:07 PM.