Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-02-2016, 08:56 AM   #21

I'm asking here because I can't find the thread start button. Lol. I did a search and couldn't find a good answer, but we have an epdm roof. On our seasonal spot there are alot of maples that hover over the top. The roof gets absolutely filthy from them and black spotted from their tannins.

Anybody know of a really good cleaning solution for it? Safe for side runoff. I've been using simple green. Wash twice a year. It works ok. But is there anything that works better? I used some recommended stuff from a dealer but I didn't think it much better at the price I paid for it. About 42 buck a gallon. Concentrated.

Thanks for any ideas. Btw. I've decided that I'm going to build a triangular 2x2 frame covered in a tarp like material and bungee it to my slide tops like a dormer to keep them protected for the season. They'd only be like 8 inchest tall at the back to meet the roofline.
Mdaniels4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 12:35 PM   #22
Canadian Member

Mdaniels4, what type of roof material do you have? For my TPO roof, I use Murphy Oil Soap. Here is a video on how to do it.

2011 Rockwood Signature 8293SS (2015 - 2018)
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 01:57 PM   #23

I really gave no idea. I had assumed it was an epic roof membrane, as that was on the 5ers. This is a new 2017 cottage 40CRS.
Old 12-02-2016, 07:18 PM   #24

I called FR. Thanks for the threads as I'll be picking up the second year extended warranty. The roof is made by dior. She didn't say if it was epdm or the tcp or whatever it is. They just said to use a mild detergent on even given the trees and all. But since it's a dior roof membrane then the dior caulk would be the best.
Old 12-05-2016, 01:46 AM   #25

I used Dicor self leveling and it worked great. Looks like the same stuff used at the factory. I only saw one bad spot in the front corner where water puddles, but I used the entire tube conservatively around the perimeter of the roof.

Also, I had called CW in Avondale, but never got a call back. I did a chat online Friday right before they closed and asked what's up. The "chat" man contacted someone in service and had him call me on Saturday. First thing out of his mouth was "That's not covered". What else would I have expected from them. He did say they could look at it and put a claim in to FR. I don't think I want to deal with idiots for a tube of caulk and a $15 LED light. Yep, they went on sale today online. I bought a spare too.
Old 12-06-2016, 11:39 AM   #26

I bought a used 2012 XLR 27 HFS Toy Hauler. I found a leak in the right front corner of the roof. I took it apart and used Dicor self leveling , tough grade self leveling and Eternabond. It has rained for a week, hard rain. NOT A LEAK! I highly rec. eternabond and either the Dicor or tough grade sealants but pay attention and check the roof folks!
johns3962 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
caulk, repair, roo, roof, roof repair