Old 06-28-2020, 11:04 PM   #1

19 FBS Awning

This is our first season with our new GeoPro 19FBS.
In the time spent in the driveway, I commented (to myself) how inconvenient the folding handrail is.
It always seems to be in the way. All 3 positions don’t work for me. One is against the door, extended out- we bump into it, so we tend to fold it back against the awning rail.
While I had the awning extended, I had placed the handrail out of the way against the awning rail. I caught myself before closing the awning and moved the handrail. I should have just removed it as I thought one day it will “happen”
So:
This weekend my poor dear wife asked me as we were packing up if she could retract the awning. The door was open and obstructing my view of the handrail and I said “sure”. As it was going in, it began to labor and slow down when I hollered stop.
To my amazement it crushed the handrail, but no apparent damage to the awning rails or anything. Will look closer later (didn’t want to make a bigger deal than I already had)

geo pro owners out there- beware of this as I’m sure we aren’t the first

Can post picture of the rail later, which is now removed from the camper.

darb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 12:51 AM   #2

Handrail

The tech did just that during our PDI as I looked on in amazement. No damage to the handle, only the foam grip. UGH ! Was replaced when we came back out.

Old 06-29-2020, 04:10 AM   #3

We just bought our Geo Pro about 3 weeks ago. Thank you will keep an eye on the handrail and make sure it is out of the way.

So far no problems with our 19fbs, has anyone found anything to watch for??

I have found that on the drivers side storage compartment there are some wires that I need to get out of the way (may snag them) when loading or unloading that side.
kgstakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 10:30 PM   #4

Nothing else I have found. I love the unit, so much more comfortable than our 172t rpod
darb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning