Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-22-2020, 12:43 PM   #1

2004 Forest River Rockwood 1950

Hi everyone, I recently purchased a 2004 forest river Rockwood pop up trailer and the door just doesn't fit that great in the opening, where can I find a door replacement? or a helpful video how to put it on?
any help would be appreciated. thank you
kaylenaguilar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 03:51 PM   #2

Hi
HannaRV I believe have parts, have a look through their website https://www.hannarv.com/C/1328/Pop-UpCamperNecessities

Also, could it be that your pop-up is not completely level when you are set-up? I can't put my door in if I'm not level. I also have a slight roof lean (leans toward door/awning side) which makes it difficult to latch the door in place. I've read it could be the weight of the awning that makes it lean.
Old 10-23-2020, 03:06 PM   #3

Another tip: Raise the roof and put the door in place BEFORE putting the stabilizers down. The stabilizers, especially if you have them carrying a little weight, can/will cause the frame to twist every so slightly and causes the door opening to not be properly aligned. Happens on my A-frame too, although the frame twisting is more often noticed with the roof latches not quite aligning properly.

Fred W
2019 Flagstaff T21TBHW A-frame
2008 Hyundai Entourage minivan
camping Colorado and adjacent states one weekend at a time
pgandw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river, rockwood