Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2018, 12:47 PM   #1

2018 Apex Nano Awing

I have a 2018 Apex Nano Camper. It is at the dealer because the door hits the awning when the awning is out. They are telling me that I am pretty much on my own on fixing it because the MFG says they know about it and don't know how to fix it. Anyone else have this issue. Maybe we need to file a class action suit. I paid well over $10,000.00 for this NEW camper.
DaytonDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 08:22 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered. Rigs costing ten times what you paid have experienced this same problem. Some folks have fixed this problem by installing a roller on the door others by adjusting the awning such that it doesn't drag on the fabric.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 05:34 PM   #3

WELCOME DaytonDave!!!
If you did a search on the awning on this forum you would find many comments from me (and others replied) regarding this dang issue :-( I discovered this issue when we had our heart set on this trailer. Finally saw one in person (hour away bc dealers can't keep them in stock closer) and yes it had the issue. I cannot tell you how much time we have wasted on this issue. We demanded that the issue be resolved before picking up our camper (which added weeks to it). The original manufacturer for our area worked on a possible solution (kit), sent a picture (which did NOT fully show awning all the way out so I had my doubts) with it supposingly fixed. We drove the 5.5 hours to pick it up knowing it probably was NOT resolved. We were right (on top of that another issue concerned us more, when you bring the slide out in/out it chews up the black weather stripping at the top on both sides). They sent us a box full of new weather stripping but I'm not happy they sopposingly couldn't fix that at the dealer. (need to take the time to insist on it getting fixed right)
Of anyone we fought a HARD fight to have the awning issue fixed but with the curved roof and low clearance over the door we can see why they are having a hard time resolving it. Like others we are now forced to not extend our awning all the way out :-( I'd support you in any further complaints to the manufacturer IF we can get anywhere with it..... I've complained till I'm blue in the face :-( Good Luck.
WI Margbabe is offline   Reply With Quote