Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2022, 10:13 AM   #1

2020 Georgetown GT5 slideout window replacement.

Need info on the 60 inch window in the large slideout on my 2020 GT5. Roll out window forward is busted. Need to replace it or the whole window unit.
Where do I look for replacement.

They are the dark tinted windows.
Chunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 07:53 AM   #2

Are you doing this yourself or is insurance doing the replacement? I think I would contact the Mfg about replacement parts, plus contact local Auto class company or RV repair company to do the install. JMHO
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 09:56 PM   #3
NXR

2020 Georgetown GT5 slideout window replacement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunker
Need info on the 60 inch window in the large slideout on my 2020 GT5. Roll out window forward is busted. Need to replace it or the whole window unit.

Where do I look for replacement.

They are the dark tinted windows.
Since I have the dual pane windows and almost all of them have failed under the federal recall I know a bit about it...

The part that opens is called the vent window and yes, it can be replaced separately. The aforementioned recall just affects the vent windows and that's all that's getting replaced.

Those are HEHR windows and Lippert now owns HEHR so you'll be dealing with Lippert. They will need the EXACT size of the ENTIRE window. It's best to take a piece of white paper, write the total dimensions for height and width on it, and tape it to the glass and take a picture. That's what I had to do for all of mine, with an inside and outside picture.

The dealer submitted the pic to Lippert and eventually got the replacement vent windows.

You'll note there are pop rivets on each side of the knob. Those get drilled out, the mechanism removed from the vent window, the glass replaced, the mechanism reattached, and then the existing knob gets riveted back in place. Lippert is allowing about a half hour per vent window replacement.

I think FR Service gave the dealer the part number for the entire window based on my VIN but Lippert still required the pictures.

Good luck. You'll need it.

Ray

Tags
georgetown, replacement, slide, tow, window